sed6

Wooden roof truss

I could not find any threads here, nor pics on Google, of wooden roof trusses so I came up with this design. Many homes have exposed roof trusses, along with commercial and industrial buildings.  These particular trusses go in my train engine shed used to service train engines. Although they are not needed for strength they do add a nice architectural design element to the building. Feel free to copy or comment, hope you like! 

42312721354_80ab687790_b.jpg

42312721124_2c005b4601_b.jpg

Edited by sed6
added link to my engine shed

Hey, that's looking nice! I have been thinking about what it would look like if you extend the lower wood beams to the outside of the masonry, something similar to this:

008.jpg

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Hey, that's looking nice! I have been thinking about what it would look like if you extend the lower wood beams to the outside of the masonry, something similar to this:

008.jpg

That's a good idea, I'll give it a try to see how it looks. Thanks!

I really like the shaping of that! 

Because I'm always looking to learn: In those central diagonal beams, how do you get the inverted 11477 parts to remain in place? 

11 hours ago, billybricks said:

I really like the shaping of that! 

Because I'm always looking to learn: In those central diagonal beams, how do you get the inverted 11477 parts to remain in place? 

Thanks!  Used 11477 on the top and for the underside they are actually 24201 Slope, Curve 2x1 Inverted