Sign in to follow this  
Jimbricked

New LEGO 60198 Cargo Train Locomotive Speed Build

Hey guys, it's Jim! I decided to give a go and try to re-create the Locomotive from the new 60198 Cargo Train. This is a speed build! Thanks!

Extra Credit to: ColletArrow

Edited by Jimbricked

Nicely done. I think you've got the cab nose shaping excellently from what we've seen. I noticed you haven't included any PF or the new pantographs, but that's fair seeing as we don't know what the parts look like yet, and they're certainly not in LDD. I also noticed you've used the undercarriage detail I put on my replica of the preliminary model (here :tongue:), which was entirely guesswork and probably too complex for the actual set! Don't worry, I'm teasing; you've done a good job replicating the loco overall. Are you going to carry on and try the crane and other items in this set? I'd love to see them posted in this thread.

5 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Nicely done. I think you've got the cab nose shaping excellently from what we've seen. I noticed you haven't included any PF or the new pantographs, but that's fair seeing as we don't know what the parts look like yet, and they're certainly not in LDD. I also noticed you've used the undercarriage detail I put on my replica of the preliminary model (here :tongue:), which was entirely guesswork and probably too complex for the actual set! Don't worry, I'm teasing; you've done a good job replicating the loco overall. Are you going to carry on and try the crane and other items in this set? I'd love to see them posted in this thread.

Let me edit this post and give you credit! I am totally going to try and finish building it all!

2 hours ago, Jimbricked said:

Let me edit this post and give you credit! I am totally going to try and finish building it all!

Don't worry about the credit, it's only a small collection of parts that I decided to share on the internet. Once we've got more pictures, you can replace that section with whatever's actually there anyway. Either way, it will be interesting to see what you make of the other items in this set, especially given the limited information we currently have. Good luck!