beverly888

MOC WIP Rainbow Holiday Train

I'm a little out of season, but, really, do you know how long it takes to MOC a train?  Especially when trains aren't your first love??

This beauty is almost finished.  Just have to add the final decorative flourishes on the SNOTs, and add figures to the caboose and maybe elsewhere.  After the past week of intense concentration fashioning a MOC out of my previous MOD Winter Holiday Train, I was eager to view it on video.  

There's a chance this train may be running at the Greater Edmonton Train Show (GETS) in September 2018 with our local LUG, NALUG, so I'll motorize my Rainbow Train, as well.  That is, if LEGO restocks the motor on their website.

Hope you like it :classic:

MOC Work in Progress, Rainbow Holiday Train (this morning):

MOD (from November 21, 2017):

26791800029_1facb963e2_b.jpg

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

Edited by beverly888

Wow! This creation really stands out. It's so vibrant and appealing, not too much of one colour in the same area. You must have had fun making this moc! 

I hope that many viewers at the Greater Edmonton Train Show will feel the same way. It sure is eye-catching! *huh*

Venefic

18 hours ago, Venefic said:

Wow! This creation really stands out. It's so vibrant and appealing, not too much of one colour in the same area. You must have had fun making this moc! 

I hope that many viewers at the Greater Edmonton Train Show will feel the same way. It sure is eye-catching! *huh*

Venefic

Thank you for the kind words, Venific!  Yes, I had so much fun building the train.  Looking for the right colours, in the right combinations, from my LEGO stash was the best part.  Second best was the inspiration from some TV commercial for the video's original music.  I haven't had the chance to show the Rainbow Holiday Train to the GETS coordinator yet.  His idea, so far, is to have it  encircling the fairground of their super-large layout.  The fairground is quite elaborate with a Drop Of Doom and other motorized rides.  It'll be my first train show :classic:

13 hours ago, carebear said:

I Love Lego Freinds, and this looks amazing!

Love Love this!

Thank you, carebear!  So glad you love it :classic:

11 hours ago, koalayummies said:

What a great and fun looking train. Its bright and wild and very happy looking. Great MOC.

Thank you, koalayummies!  Rainbows and unicorns is my general theme for my version of Winter Village.  Your comment that it feels happy, bright and wild bolsters my plan to keep going :sweet:

39 minutes ago, Blk69 said:

Excuse me....this train needs a motor.  This thing is to nice not to be driving around a nice city or town!

Exactly what I'm thinking!  Am waiting for the LEGO store to stock the 88002 LEGO Power Functions Train Motor that's suggested for the Creator Winter Holiday Train.  It's on my wish list.  I don't have the space to set up a running train, except maybe for a couple of weeks at Christmas.  Hurry, LEGO store!  And, patience to me!

Here's the completed train....

Next, clean up the pile of discarded brick from the build, and continue work on the rest of my Holiday diorama.  Not necessarily in that order, though :blush:

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly