ODA 401

[GBW-CP5] Plighia: Behind Enemy Lines 6/8 - Ambush

To secure the area surrounding the LZ for the Plantasean heli, a Plighian Air Cavalry Unit was sent out. Just as the Plantasean chopper was one minute out the squad received information from Command that an enemy QRF was less than 4 klicks from their position coming from the north-east. Not wanting the enemy to come close enough to take down the chopper with anti-air, the Plighian sergeant decided to intercept the Opfor, contacting the Plantasean rescue helicopter before moving out. 

Sergeant: Bravo 1-5 to Super 2-8, LZ clear for approach-break-we have received intel that an Opfor QRF is heading this way and is less than four klicks out-break-we are moving in to intercept the Opfor-break-will contact you when we're ready to ex-fill-over.

Super 2-8: Roger, copy that Bravo 1-5. Will notify you when the pick-up is complete.

Sergeant: 10-4, Super 2-8. Godspeed.

The squad then headed out to set out for the enemy and found a small gully. Stopping there the team decided to contact Command for an update.

Sergeant: Bravo 1-5 to command-over.

Command: This is Command-send traffic.

Sergeant: Command, requesting update on location of QRF-over.

Command: Roger that Bravo 1-5, Opfor on same trajectory as your squad-break-enemy location one klick and closing-over.

Sergeant: Roger that Command-break, will move to intercept-over.

Command: Command copies, over and out.

The sergeant then set his squad up in an L-shaped ambush at the top of the gully. His plan was to wait for the enemy to be right alongside them before taking them out with grenades and then finishing off the rest with small arms. 

26103981358_09c8f256b1.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

39265962304_2ccdfa9db8.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

As soon as the enemy was close enough, two squad members primed and threw their grenades into the enemy line.

39979660041_490bd018ca.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

39266010904_62aedd3e02.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

Some of the enemy noticed the Plighian troops throwing the grenades, but it was too late.

39945119942_07a1b0432f.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

25106125307_d0c9955ff6.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

28196958819_e299cefc12.jpgGBW-CP5 by ODA 401, on Flickr

The rest of the pictures I took can be found on my flickr page. 

Edited by ODA 401

You’ve been awarded (5) points.

Judges’ comments…

This is a nice and simple build. The features it has are nicely done. Given the somplicity of the overall concept of the build, it would have been nice to see some more defining landscape features or perhaps have one side close of with rock wall or drop off or something; something about the never ending openness bothers me and I don't know why. Solid Job, thank you!    

Good plan, good start.  I think your premise was solid, but as it is wide open, I just feel like if these guys were going to ambush, there may have been a bit more cover.  The trench is good, nice rock formations, but there are no trees, no big snow drifts, nothing for anyone to really hide behind.  I feel your build was basic, and that's ok, but we want you to give it a push and stand out a bit.  Feel free to take those chances and work with what you know...but then add a bit more.  There were a lot of different shots, which is good, but many of them had different levels of lighting, and that can make some pics good, and some look really rough...but your improving all around!  Keep up the good work,     

A little more scenery/surroundings would be nice.    

An action-packed ambush scene. I like it. The rocks and snow are nice, but I think that this build could benefit from some additional details (trees, snow covered fences, less uniformity with the rocks' heights, etc.). 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!