Earl of Shrewsbury

The End of the Hundred Years' War

Preparation for the English and French armies at Castillon is underway. The battle took place on 17 June, 1453 and it marked the end of the period known as the Hundred Years' War. The French were lead by an artillery commander Jean Bureau, and the English by yours truly (John Talbot, 1st Earl of Shrewsbury). The armies are incomplete, but this is but a taste of the MOC that is to come. 

Note the 15th century style custom helmets from Brick Warriors. My goal is to create a battlefield MOC with most of my attention devoted to historical accuracy. 

Stay tuned for more uploads as the build progresses. 

John Talbot and Knight.JPG

Men at Arms.JPG

Hey man, the armour and soldiers look good, do you have any lighter infantry troops? As a builder who is about to begin on The War of the Roses, I love seeing fellow builders create figs/builds with historical accuracy. I am looking foward to one of my favourite battles in medieval history :thumbup:

However I may suggest moving forums, because while the guilds of historica sub forum is good for medival-ish builds it is mainly fantasy, so your creation would probably be better off in the lego historic themes forum, which houses more realistic builds. I think one of the admins will be able to move it for you if you can get there attention.  I look foward to your moc and will probably borrow some of the troop desighs for my own mocs :classic:

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'd also love to see how the War of the Roses thing turns out. And about what you said for lighter infantry, I still haven't finished with all of my troops yet, so some will probably come soon. I tried to make all of the noblemen and knights first, and then move to lower class soldiers.

Do you know any admins who could help me switch forums? I'm still a wee bit unsure on how to navigate the site. 

P.S. I really like those builds, especially the first one. Really like what you did with the roof.

7 minutes ago, Earl of Shrewsbury said:

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'd also love to see how the War of the Roses thing turns out. And about what you said for lighter infantry, I still haven't finished with all of my troops yet, so some will probably come soon. I tried to make all of the noblemen and knights first, and then move to lower class soldiers.

Do you know any admins who could help me switch forums? I'm still a wee bit unsure on how to navigate the site. 

P.S. I really like those builds, especially the first one. Really like what you did with the roof.

I'd say @ZCerberus can do the job, or maybe @kabel can?