KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

Thanks, Inertia. Don't get into too much trouble with those bar brawls. You might get abducted by aliens afterwards. ;-)

At least I'm not wearing M:Tron attire :laugh::wink:

As for the aliens... I think that may have already happened... Or the aliens could've been my friends :laugh::wink::alien:

The speech bubbles are the one bane of my existence. Well, at least as it relates to the comic, anyway. Paint Shop Pro X does have a shape tool in the form of a speech bubble you can use. The problem is, I prefer to use speech boxes. And the program seems unable to draw a diagonal line (for the "arrows" that point to each speaker) without it being really jaggedly pixelated. I'm not sure if Photoshop can manage straight lines that look better, but I imagine so. If anyone has any suggestions about this issue, please let me know!

Edited by KDog

DACTA (Part 7) is up:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=391877

That wraps up the DACTA storyline, which was the most challenging yet to do since it involved taking pictures of a lot of different characters, ships and places. But I needed to do this storyline in order to tie all the plot threads together and indicate where things are going.

:laugh:, that was great. so many good things in this one, I love how you are tying things together too. I love that shot of Commander Valkyrie in the news report in the small square, he looks really intimidating there, great job with that, very Blacktron. I laughed at the "Giant Jelly Beans, Score!" bit too. Funny ending too, this might be my favourite so far.

I love that green Space Police fig too, I have the same that I put together just yesterday along with an Insectoids ship (missing one leg). Thanks for getting me back into this, I'll see if I can build my UFO tonight and post pics of them.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Another very nice episode indeed, and that giant jelly beans´re really funny. But somehow I don´t get the inconsistency with the vizor

of officer Freundlich.... of course the old helmets don´t have a vizor at all, and that´s allright, but I wonder if there´s a breathable

atmosphere in that interview scene or not.... :grin:

Another very nice episode indeed, and that giant jelly beans´re really funny. But somehow I don´t get the inconsistency with the vizor

of officer Freundlich.... of course the old helmets don´t have a vizor at all, and that´s allright, but I wonder if there´s a breathable

atmosphere in that interview scene or not.... :grin:

I like to pretend that the bases usually have a manufactured breathable atmosphere around them. It makes it a lot easier to get better pictures of characters' faces.

I like to pretend that the bases usually have a manufactured breathable atmosphere around them. It makes it a lot easier to get better pictures of characters' faces.

That´s a fine explanation, so the use of air tanks and helmets makes sense just for a case of emergency or so.... :thumbup:

Lol, Schwartz doesn't care that they're losing candy... Heartless monster :laugh::tongue:

Yet again, very fine and amusing comics, I see you have yet another new one up as well you have not pointed out here.

I like the DACTA newsroom by the way.

Yet again, very fine and amusing comics, I see you have yet another new one up as well you have not pointed out here.

Really? I must go check it out now!

Batbrick Away! (To KDog's Space Comic) :alien:

Yup, lol, you're ahead of me. I have to sleep sometime. :) Today's comic is just a bit of silliness. Which will be in contrast to next week's story.

Breaking Down the Fourth Wall:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/index.php?p=391901

Lord of Pies, the DACTA newsroom is simply a desk I whipped up and a background using the DACTA logo I created and displayed on a computer monitor. It was very hard to get it looking right in photos.

Edited by KDog

Haha, nice one! So did he really caught Commander Valkyrie? Hehe, i like the joke where the blue guy put his hands up and only can move upon Commander Valkyrie instructions. :laugh:

Old Valkyrie didn't put up much of a fight, I have a feeling he is up to something! Another good episode, keep up the great work as usual!

Another great episode KDog, I've noticed you are using a black outline around the speech bubbles now, I really like that (though you missed one). I also like Valkyrie's appearance again, he's a great character, though I have a feeling he isn't caught yet...

Another great episode KDog, I've noticed you are using a black outline around the speech bubbles now, I really like that (though you missed one). I also like Valkyrie's appearance again, he's a great character, though I have a feeling he isn't caught yet...

I'm glad you like the black outline on the speech bubbles, but I only use it when I have two speech bubbles connected or have a white background. That's because the black line is more noticeably jagged. And because I'm lazy.

Another good episode, I have to say that robot has a mighty fine aim, and I liked the way you made the hammer appear to be hitting the minifig, it looked good. (As long as it does not happen to me!)

Another good episode, I have to say that robot has a mighty fine aim, and I liked the way you made the hammer appear to be hitting the minifig, it looked good. (As long as it does not happen to me!)

Another great comic, I missed the reference as I don't watch that show, but I do await to see what Valkyrie has in store for the poor guy next. My one criticism is probably a better camera angle could've been used for the hammer part, as the blacktron ship kind of makes it hard to see the black hammer at first. All in all, great work, I look forward to the next one!

Yeah, I did have some difficulty with the camera angles in this one because using the laptop screen as the backdrop limited the angles I could shoot from. It was also very hard to position Freundlich to keep the hammer form falling. Maybe I should have lightened the images a bit so all those black objects stood out from one another. Darn Blacktron!

The Sopranos reference is the cut to black at a suspenseful moment.