Sign in to follow this  
Agent Kallus

Action and adventure themes questions, speculation and e.t.c

A thread for any queries about action and adventure themes, I thought this could help divert excess traffic from the yearly discussions and be used to answer simple questions and discuss shop availability and argos/dcpi codes (or whatever there called) (Sorry if its not in my power to create such a thing but in that case can the mods please re-title this to just be my following question)

My question is, how does the release schedule for the the Lego ninjago magazine work in the UK?
I ask this as I am trying to collect all the ninja (No where close yet) and the figs from the magazine would help me there. I tried searching it up on the internet but I only found sellers not information providers , thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

My question is, how does the release schedule for the the Lego ninjago magazine work in the UK?

I ask this as I am trying to collect all the ninja (No where close yet) and the figs from the magazine would help me there. I tried searching it up on the internet but I only found sellers not information providers , thanks in advance.

Ninjago magazine is published in the UK by Immediate Media, who sadly seem a lot less interested in promoting their Lego products than their German counterparts are. Issues come out on Wednesdays, generally once every 4 or 5 weeks. The current issue (27, with the Hands of Time version of Cole) is dated 26th July to 29th August. Does that cover everything you wanted to know?

(And no, I wouldn't have seen this question any time soon if it'd been in the main Ninjago discussion thread!)

Is this thread also a speculation discussion regarding the plausible possibilities of action/adventure themes' future, or something else?

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is this thread also a speculation discussion regarding the plausible possibilities of action/adventure themes' future, or something else?

I mean there is this thread

But you could you this thread for stuff that doesn't fit there like wishlists.

5 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I mean there is this thread

But you could you this thread for stuff that doesn't fit there like wishlists.

I mostly was thinking that this topic may include discussion on the plausibility of the future return of recurring action/adventure themes such as Adventurers, Aquazone, Agents, etc.

Particularly, I was wondering if anyone here thinks that there may be a possibility the Adventurers theme will return in some form next year for the theme's twentieth anniversary. This was something I never thought about until recently, after remembering that the theme was first introduced in 1998. 

If it does return for its anniversary I hope that they update but keep the classic characters like Baron Sam Sinister and Johnny Thunder rather than dong new characters like Josh Thunder.

I do not think TLG makes another range of sets based on Adventurers.

TLG has referred several times to the series in the past years to keep the fans happy, but I don't think a new wave will sell in stores.

I was holding onto a hope that a CMF theme might be classic minifigs from history. With next year being an anniversary, sixteen figure favourites would be a great celebration of all things minifigure.

5 hours ago, sander1992 said:

I do not think TLG makes another range of sets based on Adventurers.

TLG has referred several times to the series in the past years to keep the fans happy, but I don't think a new wave will sell in stores.

Though initially it started out as wishlisting, I argued on @Peppermint_M's Future Action/Adventure Theme thread that Lego could try either a more modern take on the theme, or even better, a more heavily stylized Dieselpunk/Sky-fi take. :sweet:

I certainly think the latter could be a winner with kids if done right.

Does anyone think we may see another smaller scale action/adventure theme (Aquazone, Agents, Adventurers, etc.) in the near future; or if anything, it will instead be another "big bang" theme (Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Legends of Chima)?

Maybe something in between like Atlantis, It had a little movie and named characters but didn't have a tv show. Also It was nice when brains from power miners showed up in Atlantis and when Solomon Blaze from galaxy squad was an ultra agent. 

Does anyone know the answers to my burning questions? When will the ninjago bricktober pack be available? and how do you get it in the UK?

Thanks in advance.:wink: