2 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

@Jeroen Ottens I think I know what the problem is with the picture you used. Is it's a simplified drawing of a side profile picture of a car. This meaning due to depth and perspective of a vehicle a side profile picture always looks shorter. So if you are to lay the picture of a car over the blueprints of it, it will never line up a 100% especially toward the front and rear of a car. But seeing as the blueprint you used lines up with the picture of a car I'd say thats the issue. It looks like you did scale it okay according to the pictures you used, minus the back half. I hope this makes sense? I know whenever I'm choosing photos for scaling I'm always very particular and cross reference to make sure that it's accurate!

I think I understand what you are saying. Photos always have a bit of 'distortion' because of the perspective lensing (if that is correct term for this?). That is why I use the 2D views of my digital models to map against the blueprints.

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

1 hour ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I think I understand what you are saying. Photos always have a bit of 'distortion' because of the perspective lensing (if that is correct term for this?). That is why I use the 2D views of my digital models to map against the blueprints.

Yes, correct! (I'm not sure of the term either) however I have a feeling the 2D image you used was a unfortunately based on a picture and not a blueprint, hence why the blueprint matches a picture of the car. So your scaling wasn't that bad, it was the image you were going off of unfortunately. 

Edited by DugaldIC

Now I come to look at it the blue print you used it does look comically out of proportion, it looks like it was drawn from the actual picture I put behind it.

The real focus has a wheelbase of 2640mm and is 4340mm long so if your car wheelbase is 26L then your model should be 43L but I think your model is only 39L.

I will be cross referencing my internet blueprints from now on.

11 hours ago, JamesJT said:

Now I come to look at it the blue print you used it does look comically out of proportion, it looks like it was drawn from the actual picture I put behind it.

The real focus has a wheelbase of 2640mm and is 4340mm long so if your car wheelbase is 26L then your model should be 43L but I think your model is only 39L.

I will be cross referencing my internet blueprints from now on.

Yeah, i dont really MOC a lot, but when it comes to cars, i usually take the tire size im working with as a base, then work out my wheelbase from there.