CopMike

LEGO Creator Expert London Bus 10258

Still people busy fixing front?

Complete rear axle is redone here, together with the rear seats above the Wheels.

Finished those this evening!

Now still need to redo my front a bit, maybe the grill, a dark base with red grill on it

Yes I'm back with some pics.

I continue to work on the Lego London Bus bit by bit. Almost finished now, maybe the headlights, if somebody can give me a tip!

I made a pic of the front of the bus now (used a black 4x6 plate, instead of the original grey one, with red grille and red jumper plates) and some of the rear axle, totally complete now.

What u think?

Front:

o3ed3.jpg

Seats above altered rear:

2ll0c37.jpg

Altered rear axle (bottom view):

v4v76q.jpg

Thanks!

U need to buy extra bricks (I don't have alot of stock) to alter it (frame and base of seats above axle)

On my first attempt, the wheels couldn't move freely, cause of the seats above the axle, so I had to find a way to higher those seats, without the higher looks (read: in front of windows)

So with altering the place of existing bricks from the rear seats and ordering some new ones, I now have a steady, same looking model.

But what did Lexa use for the headlights:

image.jpg

Thanks!

Finished my bus, but didn't post pics of my final build.

Changed the headlights and the position of the grey 1x2 grille to the place where they actually belong.

Cause in fact they are anti-slip coating and no vents.

30wwimv.jpg

10h51eh.jpg

Edited by Dragunov2

I finally caught the London Bus way down here in darkest Africa.
An awesome set and being an Englishman by birth and a lover of all things 'English' I just had to get this set somehow (which is still not available in any toy stores here, and there are certainly no official LEGO® stores either!)

I wasn't however 'wowed' by the graphics on the stickers supplied for the advertising panels.. The LEGO ® biscuit artwork looks great but the rest seems just so random and poorly designed.
Also, shouldn't a LEGO® Bus be branded with LEGO®?

So, I created my own version of the stickers for the panels using the Leicester Square flagship LEGO® store and their Mascot 'Lester' as my inspiration... and the promo Routemaster bus they used.

(Darkest Africa = Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa).

All-3-buses-Eurobricks.jpg

Great topic.

I recently bought this set and my son Ben and I made a 10 minute speeded-up/time lapse video of building it. He would appreciate the hits on my video if you care to watch some or all of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvN8mLo8Fqo/

Regards

Doug

Edited by dsgb