1 hour ago, Goldenmasamune said:

I'm curious, what is the scale of this MOC and the original BWE? based on the tiny chair in the dump truck, and the two tiny chairs in the control room of the BWE, it looks like a "person" would be roughly 2 studs high? Although the ladder to get to higher parts of the excavator is far too large for something 2 studs high? It's all so confusing. 

Not built "to scale" as such. The proportions are based on the size of the 42055 bucket matched approx. against the scale of the real bucket. Everything else from an overall dimension perspective is based on the size of the wheel. The minifigures are "too large" against the scale of the model (as are the dump trucks), however to make that work it would have had to be 3 times as large, and then the buckets would have been 3 times too small. I took quite a bit of creative license taken when building it, however it was not intended to be a "scale replica" but rather an attempt to build a more satisfying BWE than I found the 42055 kit to be. 

7 minutes ago, Orinoko said:

Not built "to scale" as such. The proportions are based on the size of the 42055 bucket matched approx. against the scale of the real bucket. Everything else from an overall dimension perspective is based on the size of the wheel. The minifigures are "too large" against the scale of the model (as are the dump trucks), however to make that work it would have had to be 3 times as large, and then the buckets would have been 3 times too small. I took quite a bit of creative license taken when building it, however it was not intended to be a "scale replica" but rather an attempt to build a more satisfying BWE than I found the 42055 kit to be. 

Oh, I know you weren't trying to build a scale replica, I'm just curious as far as the scale of the creation. I'm just imagining really really tiny people on that thing 

so guys, Im close to finish this project., except the digital stuff.

superstructure rotating is done by 2 XLs with worm gears. I was suprised that these two genearate enought force to move it.

@Orinoko wrote he used 3 XLs to move it. and said four would be better.

Looking good! 

did you build something in for the counterweight as yet? 

I found that the inertia was the issue if you were trying to slew the bucket a small amount. The torque would build up in the mechanism until it overcame the inertia, at which point the bucket would swing a long way. Not useful if you only wanted to move one bucket width to the left or right. With 3 it was OK, but 4 would have given a much finer level of control. 

As it turned out when I put it on display I didn't rotate the structure at all so it wasn't really an issue. 

I use 2 full battery boxes plus 700g copper as counterweight.

The only problem I could say is that it does resonate quite a bit when you stop.

Hi guys. I Went to my 1st Lego exibition ever this weekend. Had alot fun.

Everything went fine with this moc. Had alot positive feedback.

1280x1707.jpg1280x960.jpg

I used @Orinoko's Sbrick wallpaper to setup my profile.

Thanks again Tony for sharing your work in progress pics.

congratulations for this moc, very large and I really like it. I wanted to ask by chance do you have the instructions to sell? I would be interested in building this moc for my collection

i have just finished 42055 but this is so amazing build, wish to have skill set for design and build :D

I would love buy instructions for this just to have them :D And maybe one day have so many bricks to build it :D

MDS_4908_00001

Hi, I am new to this but was so impressed by this build I had to build it. It was a challenge as the photos of the build https://www.flickr.com/photos/82102928@N06/sets/72157688318305225/ where a little challenging as it is a build in progress  and not of the final build but I got there, It would be interesting if you release instructions to compere.

Edited by Billhead

Here are some pictures of my current version. Taken at Hamburg Toyfair last October.

1280x941.jpg

1280x793.jpg

1280x882.jpg

On 8/21/2020 at 9:40 AM, dunes said:

Can you just give us the parts list for free because I would buy the instructions but I would need to know what parts I need to buy instead of after buying the instructions.

Awesome project! I'm in the process of start building one, waiting still few parts from Bricklink as the mail is really slow.

One question I do have is were I should buy the rope/cord for this set? Bricklink only sells up to 500cm in length and I'm guessing for the Bagger 288 is actually more?

Cheers for any leads!

18 hours ago, Vale46 said:

One question I do have is were I should buy the rope/cord for this set? Bricklink only sells up to 500cm in length and I'm guessing for the Bagger 288 is actually more?

Cheers for any leads!

I bought one spool of 100m (shortest length they offer) https://www.kanirope.de/dyneema-seil-pro-1mm-100m-spule-silber-12-fach-geflochten-kanirope#product_info

On 8/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, dunes said:

Thanks for creating the instruction and making it available! I was thinking of buying it and hopefully one day building this monster but was hoping I can use 42055 sets as parts source as I already have two of them. But I see your instruction is for the black and grey version. Any chance of sharing the part list for the dark blue and yellow colour scheme? Thanks!

Wow. Man, you do have high expectations. That's jaw dropping, and I have never found an occasion to use that expression honestly.. Amazing machine as an introduction, great functionality and great detailed looks. It will be difficult to exceed this with your next build :D