Sign in to follow this  
ParentingByLego

Police

Hey people. 

So I've gotten into building again and after getting the family lego (you know, the one that all the kids in the family have had in turns) I see there are a vast amount of different styles of police. Not only the uniforms on the minifigs but also, and this I find frustrating, the badges they wear, and the ones on cars etc. I even found one dude with the 4 stud badge that had a "security" sign as well. 

So is there anything you guys can tell me about this to make some sense? Or can I find a register of the different eras somewhere?

As Police is a Town/City line, I've moved this topic here.

Have you considered looking up Police minifigures on bricklink.com?

Lax uniform standards are just one of the concessions given to officers in the dystopian hellscape of Lego Town.  The department spends too much on helicopters, every officer has to get their own uniform.

11 hours ago, Hinckley said:

As Police is a Town/City line, I've moved this topic here.

Have you considered looking up Police minifigures on bricklink.com?

Ok. Thanks. 

I have not considered that before now. :)

8 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Brickset as well.

So is Bricklink and brickset the two go to sites for this?

2 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

Lax uniform standards are just one of the concessions given to officers in the dystopian hellscape of Lego Town.  The department spends too much on helicopters, every officer has to get their own uniform.

I can see that. They got a new battle helicopter but the way they dress makes them look like a serbian militia. 

You can always mix and match them. I liked the Swamp Police line a lot but the campaign hats were wearing thin for me. They looked like park service staff with those on so I changed them slightly. 

33732912202_7e1e7ed612.jpgP3142659 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

Now about a dozen of these patrol my streets. 

Edited by Japanbuilder

8 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

You can always mix and match them. I liked the Swamp Police line a lot but the campaign hats were wearing thin for me. They looked like park service staff with those on so I changed them slightly. 

Now about a dozen of these patrol my streets. 

Looks good. I looked at the different types and saw a some with a combat west on. Liked them a lot. 

19 hours ago, ParentingByLego said:

Looks good. I looked at the different types and saw a some with a combat west on. Liked them a lot. 

Yah the regular blue police from 2014 and 2015 looked really cool to me. Almost like a swat team. If you look at the Chase McCain set from around that time they also had wonderful leg printing on some of them.