Wow cool! Thanks for all the work you put into this! 

On a side note: No worries, the real life version hasn't changed much from the LDD we had. The 2017 part for the driveshaft wasn't in LDD (mine anyway) and the 40 year brick is the other minor change. The rest of my current version was all in the LDD. I actually made mine match the LDD more instead of going away from it :classic:

Edited by Appie
reason: typos

Hi Appie, I couldn't get around till the topic has gone from the 1st page, but since it came back I grab the opportunity to say that this little jewel is a hell of a piece of engineering. :thumbup: I've built it last week and it is gonna be collecting dust on my shelf for a long time. I made a little modification however. It is a smaller fake engine and since you mentioned in the first post that you weren't quite happy with the engine's slightly higher position compare to the original model I take the courage and drop two links here. 

This is a questionable quality video about the actual modification:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141631433@N07/33558267775/in/album-72157681650839755/

And this is how I originally use it as an "irregular" v6 in 1:10 and smaller scale models:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141631433@N07/albums/72157679976724880

Don't get it wrong, this lil' cutie is perfect as it is. I'm just sharing this because you like to build small things and it may come handy in the future. (funfact: it uses the same crankshaft)

Thanks again, it is a great tribute model, a must have piece for an AFOL. :wink:

Thanks you very much for the kind words.  Makes me happy to see people building it!

I like your mod and it seems to work pretty well. Parts of it might be a wee little too small in scale, mainly the width (but then again, mine is too big in parts compared to scale: cylinders too big and the whole engine 1 stud too high), but it is defintely cute like this. Perhaps with your mod the exhausts could be placed a little closer to the engine. This won't work with the 1x1 cones I used, due to the springs of the suspension, but you should be able to with those yellow half bushes you got in their place.

I like your solution for the engine fan btw :classic: I had this propellor laying around from my 90's Lego so I thought of that first, but I don't know if I would have ever come up with using a knob gear instead.

Thanks for the link of the mini v6, that will come in handy for sure in the future.

Edited by Appie

10 minutes ago, Appie said:

I don't know if I would have ever come up with using a knob gear instead.

The knobwheel I had to come up due to the lack of that kind of propellor you used. Same on the half bushes, infact there is a few substitutions like these I had to apply to solve the problem of not having the part or not the right color... But appart of the dummy engine the rest is "unwanted" modification. It is like recite a poem incorrectly. :blush:

I figured that was the case with the knobwheel and I also noticed a few colour swaps :classic: but that's also a nice tribute in a way though. Roll with what parts you do have like the old days instead of: hi bricklink :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Appie said:

Roll with what parts you do have like the old days instead of: hi bricklink :laugh:

Yeah, bricklink wasn't an option anyway. As soon as I realised the LDD file is available I've put the world on hold and started to build it. There was no way to wait with it. :wub: The reason I could justify those changes that I'm more into the technical details (especially on this scale). But  if it saves my soul I ripped appart the BMW bike without any hesitation for the blue liftarms. :devil:

Edited by Attika

Apparently this was in dire need of being posted:

78171319ce5b27ca1b0c2d35d7184108.jpg

2d804a74989798f077c37a9146571949.jpg

c87ad60d9402a2d11c366e750cbe3587.jpg

The 2 minutes rubber band solution. It has pretty much the same jumpiness as my "illegal" solution, at the front it's actually a little stiffer. Normal white Lego rubber bands. At the front I turned it around the ballpin one more time and at the rear twice. With only one turn at the rear the suspension will stay compressed, so it needed to be twice.

If I sat down for it I could probably even save my original solution besides these rubber bands minus the springs (so the 2 crossblocks+4L axle with stop that housed the spring will remain as fake "spring") for the best of both worlds, but I can't be arsed, I like my springs.