Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[OL - Mar FB1] Hotel de Ville, Dragonstone

34216219061_76f7e5d1fc.jpgHotel de Ville de Dragonstone by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

One of the first buildings to be built in Dragonstone is the Maison du Gouvernement, which is where the newly formed city council of the city meets and is the temporary residence of Mayor Brandon Stark and other important politicians in the city. Built with materials from the Old World and other Oleander colonies, the building is located in a square in the city center, called Place du Gouvernement. Workers have already done the lawn and built a cobblestone path. Outside, two Troupes de la Marine stand guard.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Nice facade, Brandon. Looks very imposing and makes me think of many a hotel de ville I have seen around France! I might suggest adding some sort of ornamentation around the door and windows, and probably something behind the windows too, as the white background shining through somewhat ruins the illusion of a house. Curtains, a bit of furniture and a backwall would do alot to help here. A flowerbed or something out front might add something too.

Impressive administrative center for a small settlement! The Olean bureaucracy is moving to the new world! :pir-grin:

On 3/4/2017 at 3:23 AM, Bregir said:

Nice facade, Brandon. Looks very imposing and makes me think of many a hotel de ville I have seen around France! I might suggest adding some sort of ornamentation around the door and windows, and probably something behind the windows too, as the white background shining through somewhat ruins the illusion of a house. Curtains, a bit of furniture and a backwall would do alot to help here. A flowerbed or something out front might add something too.

Impressive administrative center for a small settlement! The Olean bureaucracy is moving to the new world! :pir-grin:

Thanks! This is actually based on the Quebec Parliament Building and the City Hall of Quebec, both in Quebec City, which I've visited. As for your advice, I will probably go back and add some of the decorations, as I wasn't totally satisfied it.

Edit: I went back and added something behind the windows to make it more realistic.

Edited by Brandon Stark

On 3/7/2017 at 8:31 PM, LegoEomer said:

Nice work on the city hall! This is probably one of my favorite LDD builds.

Thank you! Glad you like it.