Sign in to follow this  
Farewell

Haunted House + Town Hall Alt Models

Out of all the modulars, I found Town Hall the worst fit with the other ones. Standing on its own, the design is a bit boring (except the excellent ground floor of course), and it's too big to put next to the newer ones. So I rebuilt it into a smaller Pet-Shop like scene with two 16-wide houses on separate baseplates. The smaller house has space on the left to make an alley with the Parisian Restaurant. I'm not really too satisfied with the results so I'll be rebuilding it into something 32 wide with a more interesting roof line, but I wanted to show you this so that others perhaps get inspired to rebuild their modulars too.

QqLW5tq.jpg

Other pics

I always wanted the Haunted House and planned to display it on a hill, separate from the normal modulars. But until I can get a bigger display space, I've modularized it a bit. Unfortunately, it doesn't have those nice pavement pieces like the standard modulars so i've left it studded for now, until I can rebuild it and use some of the other pieces for a proper, perhaps rocky, pavement.

10a39ez.jpg

Other pics

Edited by Farewell
Added Haunted House

That's an inventive use of the other parts in this set; I was expecting it all to be the same, original colour, but the dark green breaks it up nicely. The overhanging balcony and side-entrance door are nice unusual features, too.
Did you manage to do it without any extra parts (except for the different base plates)?

Yes, there's even quite a lot of pieces left over. Enough to make another small one story house, and still a lot left.

QzzgMMf.jpg

Very nice!  The balconies give it a kind of New Orleans feel.

Looks nice with the other modulars.  Do you have any photos of your alt modular by itself?

Andy D