QwikBricks

Best way to build a Star Wars army?

Hi - I give you two reviews for battle packs I just bought - 75164 and 75165 (Rebel and Imperial Trooper Battle Pack).  As you can see, I'm building an army... most likely for the purpose of building recreations of battle scenes.  

Curious to know from experts (I'm a total AFOL noob) - what is the best pack to get to build this army.  I don't care if it's Dark side or Rebels or from what film.  Looking purely for opinions on bang for the buck - and can be an old set too.

If you don't care that Death Troopers aren't super plentiful in the movie, go for the Imperial one. Yes, the Rebels have unique heads and interchangeable torsos, but at the end of the day, generic helmeted people are best for army building.

If you don't mind the look of the storm troopers included in set 75078 and you can still get your hands on multiples of them for a good price that is probably the fastest way to get a ton of stormies. 

For the rebellion I always recommend the set 75133 as it comes with a good selection of uniforms. If you combine them with the ones from set 75164 you'll get a good variety of troops quickly there also. 

Set 75131 also works well to this end as the troops look generic enough as does their officer. 

It's rare that you'll find large quantities of troops available for much less than $2.50 per minifigure. The cheapest I see them is in battlepacks on sale. On Amazon in particular battlepacks can go for $10 or even less. The only other place I see cheap army-builder minifigures is Bricklink, but I don't usually find them much cheaper than the on-sale battlepacks.

Do you need all the parts and rest of other minifigures from battlepacks ? Answer is NO. 

You need only the minifigures that you are interested in. So Bricklink is the only way.

Belive me I have 82 of sw585 and 99% of them is from BL for 3 EURO per minifigure. Even less in couple of times. 

Edited by La Chupacabra