Hi,

some of you might already know me from other platforms and flickr, but although I've been registered also here for a few years already, I have never introduced myself properly.

My name is Johannes, I'm 24 years old and live near Würzburg, in the middle of Germany.
I study Computer Science / eCommerce and work at an advertising agency as web developer.

I rediscovered LEGO for me about 3 years ago.
First I only built digitally with the LDD and was quite active on CUUSOO (what is LEGO Ideas today).
My favourite themes to build were especially Star Wars and aircrafts like the K-Wing Starfighter or a Curtiss NC-4 seaplane.
This hasn't changed too much, even if my mocs are more diverse today and I (hopefully) improved my building skills a bit.

Because of the Star Wars and licensed themes in focus the German forum Imperium der Steine (IdS) became my main platform.
I soon got the role of a moderator there and now I'm what is called Root Admin here (so the second after IdS founder Gamorreaner).

Together with the former IdS ambassador rolli and some others I also publish the forum's magazine IdS-Post which appears every few months.

A highlight last year was winning the biggest competition on IdS, the IdS MOC Olympics. This is a round-based competition about Star Wars with an international jury. My half-final entry was an U-Wing and the final one was a Liberator Class Starfighter from Star Wars: The Old Republic. Both can fold their wings into different positions.

I really enjoyed taking part in the ongoing project of Harry's magical journey last year. Building the scenes of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was much fun and very exciting (even if also a bit stressful).
You can see all vignettes of this project in our flickr group. The fantastic Jared is currently uploading a scene of The Deathly Hallows each day.

To come to an end here's an overview of the mocs I built in 2016.
You can find detail shots of the mocs in my flickr stream.

31622972500_bf9f7d2048_b.jpg

In the future I wanna get more active here on Eurobricks and I'm looking forward to discuss with you :)

Best,

Johannes / Vaionaut

Edited by Vaionaut
spelling / added some links

Belated welcome to Eurobricks, Vaionaut!

That is a nice collection of MOCs from 2016!  What will 2017 bring from you now?  Imperium der Steine seems to have many spectacular builders that are able to learn from each other and inspire others.

Thank you, Slegengr!

I don't know yet what I will build this year. I enjoy taking part in contests, so let's see what themes they will bring. I definitely will build something for the German Comic Con in Stuttgart, but also don't have a concrete idea for that.
Recently I built a cuban classic car, maybe you've seen that in the Town forum.

Somehow, I was hoping for more responses on an international forum...

Edited by Vaionaut

Welcome! I've been in Würzburg, it's a really nice city. I'm from Slovakia and was travelling through Germany a few years ago and had a stop in Würzburg.