Sir Gareth

Death Star Modification(s)?

1 hour ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

I mean, even the centre turbolift has plates of different colours, that's the first thing I would fix.

The first thing I would fix are all those atrocious colorful Technic pins. I was lucky to buy a couple of old LEGO Technic stuff so I have grey bushings and half-bushings to use. Colorful Technic stuff need to stop. Who cares if they make it "easier to build" (no difference to me), I care about how the final product looks, and I'm sure some kids will be like "Why does the hangar stand have red and yellow, dad?"

14 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Unfortunately my hard drive crashed and I lost my work on this model. I'll have to start from scratch and use this screenshot as a guide.

Unlucky mate. I upload everything to Google drive, I would recommend it, always be ready for the worst! 

22 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

The first thing I would fix are all those atrocious colorful Technic pins. I was lucky to buy a couple of old LEGO Technic stuff so I have grey bushings and half-bushings to use. Colorful Technic stuff need to stop. Who cares if they make it "easier to build" (no difference to me), I care about how the final product looks, and I'm sure some kids will be like "Why does the hangar stand have red and yellow, dad?"

I agree with you 100% buddy.  Makes me mad, especially when the exact same technic pieces are produced in the correct colour.  

I got the original release of the set when it first came out years ago. I took to the task of re-creating each respective room part to be an independent play base. This was also so I could have base structures for future builds.

On 17/02/2017 at 6:14 PM, Helghan said:

I got the original release of the set when it first came out years ago. I took to the task of re-creating each respective room part to be an independent play base. This was also so I could have base structures for future builds.

Can you show us please buddy?   That would be great. :wink:

Good thread. Hopefully we see lots of ideas come forward. I don't own either Death Star set, but I'm considering picking up the newest one at the LEGO Shop during the Double VIP event next month. If I do I will be looking for cool modifications to do, like every set I purchase. :classic:

I just ordered up 75159 and I'm already thinking of mods for it. The first ones that come to mind are making it rounded, adding plating around the entire thing, and putting in black tiles to cover the grey floor.

Anyone still interested in modding their Death Star.

I am currently working on a Death Star and am really enjoying the building experience, but somehow feel a little underwhelmed with the areas and how they look. So after some searching around I came across quite a few mods and Mocs. What I am trying to do is use other Star Wars sets and build them into the Death Star and change the look of the model. I also want to add another floor and want to also increase the height of each individual level to give better access and playability.

Has anyone done anything like this or have any ideas or opinions on this, I would be very grateful to bounce some ideas around before committing, to building the extra level and height. Not sure about stability and how to overcome any unforeseen problems.

This is my first attempt at anything on this scale, the last mod/moc I made was a batman police station. I build them for my son to play with, mainly.

Edited by S40-HSL
Added text

Still not sure which death star you are all referring to! If you were to mod 75159, I would add a layer of plates to the outside, while if you were to mod 10143, I would add rooms inside. 

Edited by Reaper

Hi and thanks for replying, I’m building the 10143 model, and have already made adjustments to height, wall design and room layouts, I’m really looking at following the original Death Star blueprint, but building it much bigger, by adding four extra rooms, and increasing the height of each floor.

Im thinking I should start a new thread on this topic and add pics as this one is quite an old thread that seems to have died out some time ago.