I am well aware of the history and pros and cons of mocpages.  So, lets avoid the fodder of discussing such regarding this post.  This is not meant to be a post about discussing how poor, or great, mocpages is. 

My question is simply, does anyone have information regarding the status of mocpages.com?   I knnw it goes down somewhat often, but the latest unavailability has been longer than ever before.  Also the error message one receives when trying to access the page is different than it has been in the past.  Anyone have any information?

I wonder the same... I could not find info since there seem no active Twitter or Facebook account about the site.

In case the site is gone, is there a more reliable alternative? Or is there a thread about solutions for that (other than flickr), to avoid starting a discussion if one already exists on EB...

Edited by antp

No. Nothing yet.  Which in fact surprises me.  There are some big names that post there.  Sariel, Anio, Lipko, are just a few.  I understand that it was not the most popular place to post..... but it did have some great options.  I would think this would be a larger concern for the Lego Community.  

I just reposted in the Technic Forum. I would like some answers....... if it is time for me to move to Flickr or something I guess I should do it now........

22 hours ago, antp said:

I wonder the same... I could not find info since there seem no active Twitter or Facebook account about the site.

In case the site is gone, is there a more reliable alternative? Or is there a thread about solutions for that (other than flickr), to avoid starting a discussion if one already exists on EB...

I dont think it is a problem to discuss other options here.  This will allow the topic to get bumped and perhaps gain some traction..... As I mentioned to Greg, I would think this is something of a Lego Community concern. Perhaps it is not.... I dunno.  Flickr seems to be the default option, but there are many options that mocpages allowed one to do that Flickr does not.  I know brickshelf and bricksafe are other options.... but again, they don't offer many of the options like mocpages such as posting video and discussing, groups, and others.   

Edited by nerdsforprez

That is what I thought.  That it was kinda of a "linchpin" in the community.  I know there were some posts that went back to 2003ish.  Hopefully, this or other posts will gain some traction and we will at least get some response......

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Flickr seems to be the default option, but there are many options that mocpages allowed one to do that Flickr does not.  I know brickshelf and bricksafe are other options.... but again, they don't offer many of the options like mocpages such as posting video and discussing, groups, and others.   

I host pictures on my server, so I was using MOCpage just for the structure/referencing and for displaying info around the pictures.

Brickshelf is just picture hosting, Bricksafe seems similar. I don't really want to use Flickr either (which is also still just a photo album).

Yup.  But, again, I think that this time, the crash was a different type.  Seemed more prolonged and severe than before.  I think it is high time that I begin looking elsewhere to host my pics.  Which is a shame because aside from the poor quality of the hosting site, I rather like Mocpages.com   (below is my interpretation of what is going on with mocpages servers)

14577962562_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by nerdsforprez