Capparezza

Wedding Present with a twist

Hey there!

My girlfriend hat a wonderful idea for a friends Wedding: Make a cake out of cake-slices made out of cardboard. Then put some homemade and some bought presents in it, reserve the other half for money presents. And to get a nice finish, you need a decoration on top of that cardboard-wedding-cake for sure, that's where I came into play (and for that one cake-slice with the angry Scotsman, too). As groom and bride are dedicated to medieval reenactment, Game of Thrones and Black / Goth Metal, the setting was quite clear. Well, see for yourself how this worked out:

attachment.php?s=afbdda51fbba484618bf48d

That looks very nice

The design of the shields is also very beautifull.

Thank you!

Too bad we didn't take any photos after finishing. We've put a broad deco tape around the cake, spiced it up with some nice deco flowers and wrapped it all up in cellophane. The top "diorama" or how you want to call it has been made in quite a hurry (the rest of the Cake took way too long), I can think of a couple modifications that might make it a bit more impressive like alternating the black bricks with a few dark greys here and there.