Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Sorry for bumping this thread, and also sorry for knowing I would be messing up the forums ad continuing anyways but I just really had to pitch in a suggestion.

At first, I thought Lego already had all the good licenses. With DC, Star Wars, the Hobbit and Lotr, what more could they introduce? And then, yesterday it hit me. I was playing Pokemon X (and this morning I was watching the "anime") when I thought to myself "hey Freddy, wouldn't you love a Lego Pokemon gym?". And I've come here to say yes, yes I would. I would love to own a large brick-built theme-park gym ala the Nimbasa city gym. There is countless amount of sets Lego could produce for Pokemon, that the amount of different themes to cover in Lego alone could last around 6-8 years! Which brings me to the question, "how would Lego introduce such a theme"?. Do they start in Generation 1 with a "Pallet Town" set including Professor Oak's Lab, or do they start off with Gen. 6? For a theme like this, Lego would need to release certain new molds for the smaller Pokemon (Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minun and Plusle) and brick-built versions (similar to Chima's legend beast's) of Legendary Pokemon like Kyogre, Deoxys (construction maybe?) and Kyurem (yes I know I'm all over the Pokemon world in terms of examples here). Lego would also be able to make gym's, Indigo Plateau and other Pokemon Leagues (with the elite 4 maybe? :), as well as brick-built Pokemon and individual Town''s in which players begin their journeys in a respective region. There is so much Lego could do with this License and with Pokemon still being very popular today (ignore YouTuber's comments of how Gen. 1 was the only one that there ever was) and with there being so much Lego could do, I'd say to get this theme started before Kree-o or Kn'ex (is that how you spell it?) ruin it for me.

Also, I hope this thread stays very much alive as now I am realizing that there's more to Lego licensing than Batman, Rapunzel, and anthropomorphic turtles. Hope I wasn't a bother, I just wanted to put my 10 cents in, because like I've said before, what better to do with a dime?

Mega Bloks had the license to Pokemon in Japan, but given the Amazon pricings for the thirteen sets listed, I don't think they have it at the moment.

Another company has produced what are being called Pokemon Mini Figures at approximately Lego minifigure scale. They appear to be accurate renderings, and have gone through at least a dozen series.

Mostly things that can't/won't happen. Would love to see Spawn or Hellboy but I mean, yeah right. :grin: Realistically? Would be super cool if they got some Nintendo licenses like Metroid or Zelda, those fit well enough with Lego's brand styling.

I was thinking, I know we got the BTTF set, but wouldn't a whole theme be AMAZING? Even two waves could probably cover most important stuff.

I'm hoping we'll get a full wave of sets in 2015 to mark the 30th anniversary of the trilogy (well, first film really.) Maybe the UCS Delorean CUSSOO will pass and we'll get that as a D2C set along with a CMF line.. (Like the Simpsons) :wub: Think of all the great characters. And just try to imagine a LEGO BTTF game with voices!!! :blush::cry_happy:

I'd love to see these themes. I think there are possibilities for small as well as larger sets... and great minifigs!

- Gladiator

- Up!

- Monty Python

- Rocky

And the kid in me would love to see a modular of the good old Full House home. :)

I'd love to see these themes. I think there are possibilities for small as well as larger sets... and great minifigs!

- Up!

And the kid in me would love to see a modular of the good old Full House home. :)

I would love a Full House home! Though I feel Lego missed their opportunity with that one. I feel like I'm really starting to appreciate the fact that there's just so much Lego can do with their own in (and out) of home IP's that I'm starting to feel like Lego only has a million more surprises for us after current Licenses expire!

And a modular house from "Up" would be.... amazing! I would love for a wide-spread Disney theme that can bring in sets from several Disney movies and the like. Something called "Disney forever" or "Disney World, world of Bricks" or "The Disney life" would be good. The first wave can bring in a Pinocchio set, as well as something from Animated favorites like "Up" and "Monsters Inc". We could even see the revival of Toy Story! And eventually, somewhere along the lines, a Monsters University!

Lego would never touch COD they have morals. Lego don't make sets or figures based on real life military conflicts which is what COD is based on. Mega Bloks do but they have no morals or knowledge on decent plastics/quality. So It is no surprise mega would make stuff like that. I personally want a James bond theme. It is no more violent or unsuitable than Indiana jones or the Simpsons for that matter all three are 12s. It would be great if we got some whenever the next film comes out. Just a thought.

And a modular house from "Up" would be.... amazing! I would love for a wide-spread Disney theme that can bring in sets from several Disney movies and the like. Something called "Disney forever" or "Disney World, world of Bricks" or "The Disney life" would be good. The first wave can bring in a Pinocchio set, as well as something from Animated favorites like "Up" and "Monsters Inc". We could even see the revival of Toy Story! And eventually, somewhere along the lines, a Monsters University!

A modular house from Up was exactly what I had in mind! :) Being a Lego and a Disney geek, I would be all over such a Disney theme!

I can just imagine all those gorgeous sets: the Casey Jr. circus train from Dumbo, the Up house, The Lion King's Pride Rock, Snow White's dwarfs in the mine,...

Yeah classic Lego Disney would be awesome just imagine the minifigure possibilities: Captain hook, peter pan, Hercules, Frollo, Jafar, Aladdin, The genie, Hades, Merlin, Scar.

Bond and Disney are good calls. There's so much in those themes to work with.

Bond has loads of cars, volcano lair, underwater lair, space station, and pretty much every exotic location around the globe. And London.

Where to start with Disney? You could do it theme park based. The regular visitors to WDW and DLR seem to have endless supplies of cash, and tend to buy a lot of official merch. Lego sets of the various attractions would do well (especially the likes of the Castles and the Haunted Mansion.

My personal dream series would be Big Trouble in Little China:

Pork Chop Express - Big truck w/ Jack Burton and Wang Chi and monster minifigs.

Alley Way Showdown - Alley way street battle scene w/ 2 Chang Sing fighters, 2 Wing Kong fighters and Lightning.

Egg Shen's Tour Bus - Yellow Tour Bus w/ Egg Shen, Uncle Chu, Gracie and Tourist

Wedding Ceremony - Big Skull with steps, and lift entrance w/ Lo Pan, Wang in alternate attire, Miao Yin, Wing Kong in ceremonial armour, Rain and Chang Sing warrior

Throne Room - Looks of statues, big gong w/ David Lo Pan, Thunder, Gracie Law in Wedding attire, Jack Burton alternate attire

Wing Kong Prison - Prison cells, bridge w/ Eddie, Margo, 2 prison guards

Lords of Death - Red car w/ 3 gang members

Army Builder - A wall extension to Alley way showdown w/2 chang sings, 2 wing kongs, weapons and a barrel and crate

Edited by Lord Butters

A modular house from Up was exactly what I had in mind! :) Being a Lego and a Disney geek, I would be all over such a Disney theme!

I can just imagine all those gorgeous sets: the Casey Jr. circus train from Dumbo, the Up house, The Lion King's Pride Rock, Snow White's dwarfs in the mine,...

Don't forget the Monsters! I was actually thinking that since the Dwarves are not likely to appear in the Princess line, perhaps they would do best in a general Disney theme? I'm sure Licensing would get all funky in a theme like this, though. Test the waters Lego, test the waters.

And the more I think about it, the more I think a Lego Pokemon line would do so well. I'm not so sure it would be popular among AFOL's, but I'm sure the kiddies, the teens, and the adults who still play would eat a theme like that up.

And back onto the Disney theme, wouldn't it be awkward that some figures (in the Princess line) would be mini-dolls and the general theme (in a hypothetical world where we get such a theme) be mini-figures? I dunno, but I just hope its made, and soon. I'm talking within the next 2 years soon, no more (maybe less, or maybe I'm pushing it).

And again on the Pokemon theme (I'm all over the place in this thread) I would love if they made at least 200 of the Pokemon, but maybe that's a bit far-fetched? :D

I'm hoping we'll get a full wave of sets in 2015 to mark the 30th anniversary of the trilogy (well, first film really.) Maybe the UCS Delorean CUSSOO will pass and we'll get that as a D2C set along with a CMF line.. (Like the Simpsons) :wub: Think of all the great characters. And just try to imagine a LEGO BTTF game with voices!!! :blush::cry_happy:

Oh.. A CMF line... :wub:

1. 2015 Marty

2. 2015 Doc

3. Old Biff

4. Western Marty

5. Western Doc

6. Strickland

7. 1985-A Lorraine

8. Jennifer

9. Griff

10. Old Farmer Peabody :tongue:

11. Enchantment Under the Sea George

12. Enchantment Under the Sea Lorraine

13. Mad Dog Tannen

14. Edna Strickland

15. Young lawyer Doc

16. Marty with shocked face, sunglasses on hair, printed watch :grin:

Oh.. A CMF line... :wub:

1. 2015 Marty

2. 2015 Doc

3. Old Biff

4. Western Marty

5. Western Doc

6. Strickland

7. 1985-A Lorraine

8. Jennifer

9. Griff

10. Old Farmer Peabody :tongue:

11. Enchantment Under the Sea George

12. Enchantment Under the Sea Lorraine

13. Mad Dog Tannen

14. Edna Strickland

15. Young lawyer Doc

16. Marty with shocked face, sunglasses on hair, printed watch :grin:

Oooh, yeah! But you need Clara Clayton, and her sons, Jules and Verne.

As this is " dream" and therefore unrealistic I'd go for Judge Dredd, Breaking Bad and Justified. And Conan. And Seven Samurai. And then to be a bit more realistic How to Train your Dragon. And then back to dream again, Calvin and Hobbes.

Sets from the Batman Arkham Game series would be nice. This would be a branch of a theme i guess.

Spaceballs! completely unrealistic I know, but this is dream lego licenses. Imagine a dark helmet fig with micro figs for dolls!

Bond and Disney are good calls. There's so much in those themes to work with.

Bond has loads of cars, volcano lair, underwater lair, space station, and pretty much every exotic location around the globe. And London.

I saw some really really nice fake James Bond Set Boxes that are awesome.

For a James bond license they could do a set or two from each actor who has played bond's era. Like they did with Indiana Jones. Then in time for the release of the next bond film a wave based on that. Then whenever a bond film comes out they make a wave of sets based on it. It would be a nice stable range as like doctor who another staple of British talent bond is played different actors and seemingly annually changes to spice things up.

Seeing all of the Chima stuff makes me think that something like Classic Flash Gordon would be really doable in Lego. Retro style rocket ships. All the animal races of Mongo. Ming the Merciless. Forrestmen! Lots of colors.

I think that is probably because the Kre-O sets don't actually transform either. LEGO probably attempted to do it legit and couldn't make it work for the right price, so they dropped it. I'd love to see Transformers LEGO, but I'd prefer if they actually transformed, so I'd be hesitant to buy any. I thought about copying the Kre-O sets but in LEGO form because they actually look decent, just not LEGO.

I actually think that LEGO could probably do it decently now with the small ball joints. Those joints could probably have enough range for a transformation. I honestly think that both LEGO and Hasbro missed the spot here though. Buildable Transformers would have been very cool.