Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

Guys, I want to get some Marvel and DC bigfigs after seeing more of them lately on AliExpress stores. What are the best ones I should get (not already made by Lego)? Thanks

Edited by wasswass

4 hours ago, kid said:

Are any of the armors new in sy624?

No new Iron Man Marks in the SY set, unfortunately, however, I am curious to know if anyone has a clearer pic of the the new DLP set with the Iron Man in the upper left corner (Silver / Grey) -- curious as to which Mark that could be...?

So time for a Westward Journey!

31141987925_2c4009e7ff.jpg30320726814_54586757ee.jpg

Our Sun Wukong the Monkey King! Both in his kingley and monkey looks. Great printing, nice moulding on the accessories and decent colours to print and plastic. While it is sharp, there are a few misalignments but limited smudging. 

30774038370_c40bff5653.jpg

His monkey friend. Sharp printing, few issues there. Plastic is okay and I love the sword and armour. One thing to mention about the sword: All the silver accessories came on sprues, there was always more than one weapon there so plenty of extras and repeats on the two different silver sprues that came in these sets.

30774239810_9117582cf9.jpg30334778313_b55906404e.jpg

The Princess/Goddess? And a man who came with a a lotus...My knowledge of the story and the other traditional sources is very limited and mixed with both pop-culture jokes and "westernisation" of the original stories. Anyway. The Friends style minidoll has great printing a a nice skirt I can't match with any TLG sources. It is good to have a varied face print also. The jacket is a separate piece and fits nicely, though it forces her to stand a little bent at the middle. I am unsure about the hair, it is softer rubber/plastic but doesn't fit the best. The hammer is hollow on the underside. 

The Lotus man has no printing under the bodywear and you can see the little issues around the collar. The beard is a distinct part and the little bud crown comes off too. Altogether okay.

31141929855_ae0385176b.jpg31027738571_8537d6c9ec.jpg

The turtleman! AGain, decent printing without too many issues. I love the unique shell and head. The shell does come off. The moulding is high quality too. I love this figure almost as much as the monkeys.

30998401352_f64070e65d.jpg31027701681_404f7de3bb.jpg

Two water goons. Not bad, not much that is exciting. Though the print on the second one is nice. The first one has armour you construct, which is staying together mostly.

30773937230_ba68137299.jpg

I am taking a wild guess that this a bad guy. I love the whole ook. You can see the print is detailed and sharp from those chains on his legs. The cape didn't feel like either of the LEGO capes out there, but it seemed sturdy enough.

30773985660_e6076b2fd7.jpg30334699483_0aacabf283.jpg

This guy has one of the other good swords and another look at the buildable armour. The chest plate has some print issues. Though, the claw arm is great, it hasn't got any articulation but I love it. 

31027758131_caff2e8ec0.jpg

Our guy here has shorter legs that are one solid piece. The top part overlaps the torso and it looks like an alright skirt. The armour is separate to his head, as is the crown. Everything else of the head is moulded. The least minifigure like of all the figure heads. Some print problems but alright mostly.

30998434522_d203e0d774.jpg

The most boring of the lot. No printing problems and a decent monster face. That's about all there is to him.

All together these were pretty good and for $13 it was an excellent price. I love the monkey figures and the turtle. The extra weapons are a great bonus. The parts that came to make them little display scenes were not as bright as LEGO, but crisp moulding and a near colour match means my sister is going to pinch her choices to expand her small Elves/Friends parts mix. 

Also, as requested:

30320738574_759ddd9a27.jpg

Ezra here playing the part of an original Planet of the Apes ape, his outfit meant I couldn't resist displaying how well the monkey headgear fits onto LEGO figures. 

So, after this, if there are more part combination requests or printed torso extras people want: Feel free to ask.

I agree. That's such a simple way of turning that figure into one of the best customs of POTA I've ever seen!

That's how I'd describe it too.

To be fair... the neck scarf is something that might be useful for my custom of it.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

That's how I'd describe it too.

To be fair... the neck scarf is something that might be useful for my custom of it.

Part of me feels like its a picture of custom and not the figure itself.

2 hours ago, CaptvirgilHilts said:

Part of me feels like its a picture of custom and not the figure itself.

Yeah... Lots of third party parts mixed with genuine Lego. The goggles don't work and I'm not sure how they plan on keeping them there. The binos and AK are third party along with the elastic leg holster. Let's see what the final figure brings us.

Im going to use that cowl when the watchmen arrive.  Not found of that deadpool fig or that demasked fig. 

Il be glad to get rid. 

The rest of the set was great apart from the stupid 2nd faces. 

Any know if there is a white Dr Doom future foundation fig available?

While im at it, any know if this breastplate (or 1 similar) is available as lego or bootleg?

And the legs? Or similar. Found a face thats near. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legomarveldc/images/5/5c/Ra's_Al_Ghul_BB.png/revision/latest?cb=20141206132532

So many great designs never released. You would of thought tlg would of at least released a set based round the lanterns from the game. 

Edited by Mattyj82

So it looks likes we are getting the Bath robe Batman from TLG afterall. or should I say Lobster-Loving Batman.

Catman's Cowl could also be a great replacement for NiteOwl.

Edited by CaptvirgilHilts

If it looks that big, you'll expect it to work too. 

I don't know why sy still keeps making this kind of iron man sets? Is anyone thrilled to get this? Or is maybe the big boss of sy a real iron fan?

I am very tired every time i upload a bootleg pic in my Flickr, somebody tell me... Dont support this... As He had never downloaded a film, tv serie, book or music. People is very hypocritical. Please shut up and let me enjoy of my collection, as higger possilbe at cheaper as possible.

Edited by dnodar

1 hour ago, dnodar said:

I am very tired every time i upload a bootleg pic in my Flickr, somebody tell me... Dont support this... As He had never downloaded a film, tv serie, book or music. People is very hypocritical. Please shut up and let me enjoy of my collection, as higger possilbe at cheaper as possible.

I don't know about everyone else but I mainly use bootlegs for comic con figures, unreleased figures or as 'placeholders' until I get the real thing.

I doubt I would have bought so many lego figures were it not for bootlegs in the first place.

Does anyone have an updated list of all the iron-man armor variants that are available?

8 hours ago, tkkim79 said:

xL7zdSB.jpg

another ironman from SY

It's just a slightly fancier version of SY304. As an avid Iron Man fan, I bought that set to compliment the Hall of Armor and it just didn't fit with everything else. And no new suit? Definitely passing on this.

I must admit I include any non-clone bootlegs in my Flickr feed, as well as the odd SDCC clone, but I've never had anyone comment in a negative way. I think I have enough official stuff and 'traditional' customs that I'm allowed to have a bootleg if I want one. I've photographed bootlegs of customs and clearly stated that until someone pad prints me a custom on official pieces then I'll keep the bootleg. I wouldn't worry about it. If they persist in commenting just block them.