Sign in to follow this  
Ordinareo

LEGO Harry Potter Collection Playstation 4 Remaster

Wow, this is fantastic news. It sounds like quite an in-depth remaster given that IGN reports LEGO as stating 'enhanced graphics, environments, lighting, and visual effects' as one of the features. Hoping for some new cutscenes with film dialogue too.

I was so excited when I found out about this! A friend of mine started playing Years 1-4 on PC and it made me wanna start playing as well, again.

And from October 18th I can on PS4, yaay! :excited:

Also, I believe I read somewhere that the DLC was included in this Collection as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

I just don't understand why TT hates PC players that much! At first LEGO Dimensions isn't available for PC than the PS4 exclusive DLCs for Marvels Avengers and Star Wars TFA and now this! I wanted this collection so much! But now I'm very disappointed! :-(

I just don't understand why TT hates PC players that much! At first LEGO Dimensions isn't available for PC than the PS4 exclusive DLCs for Marvels Avengers and Star Wars TFA and now this! I wanted this collection so much! But now I'm very disappointed! :-(

It isn't that TT hates PC players,, it is just that LEGO Dimensions would be easy to hack in characters on the PC. And PC got the Civil War and Ant-Man (?) DLCs for Marvels Avengers, while Xbox didn't. I think it is more that TT favorites PlayStation,

It isn't that TT hates PC players,, it is just that LEGO Dimensions would be easy to hack in characters on the PC. And PC got the Civil War and Ant-Man (?) DLCs for Marvels Avengers, while Xbox didn't. I think it is more that TT favorites PlayStation,

That's alright! It's just a bit frustrating to see all these great games while not being able to play them! And especially in this case I just don't see the reason for TT and Warner not to publish the remastered Edition for all systems!

Hopefully this will come on other platforms as well. It looks great, I hope dialogue, hub expansions will be among other things that will be updated.

I wonder whether they will do this for other games, like the Star Wars original saga and Indiana Jones?

Hopefully this will come on other platforms as well. It looks great, I hope dialogue, hub expansions will be among other things that will be updated.

I wonder whether they will do this for other games, like the Star Wars original saga and Indiana Jones?

Maybe Star Wars but probably not Indiana Jones yet. The main reason for this release is probably that Harry Potter has had a resurgence recently.

One thing i am excited to see are how the remastered cutscenes look like, with the talking and improved graphics.

Edited by Ordinareo

One thing i am excited to see are how the remastered cutscenes look like, with the talking and improved graphics.

I don't think it has been confirmed that this is a completely redone game. Just a visual fx remaster. I highly doubt - as much as I want to see it happen - that they will redo all cut scenes.

I don't think it has been confirmed that this is a completely redone game. Just a visual fx remaster. I highly doubt - as much as I want to see it happen - that they will redo all cut scenes.

This is my guess as well. Would've been great, definitely, but this will just be an image quality improvement (for lack of a more accurate term) and having the full story and DLC's in one game.

Still, awesomeness :devil:

Regards,

Mitch

If it is just a visual improvement, why did it take them like 8 months to announce it if it was only gonna be improved graphics? I am saying 8 Months because that is how long Marvel's Avengers' been out, since The Force Awakens was developed by TT Fusion and the main games are developed by TT Games.

Edited by Ordinareo

The box says 2 classic games, so I doubt anything other than the graphics changed.

Edited by Krulis

The box says 2 classic games, so I doubt anything other than the graphics changed.

But on one Disc, so whether the two games are still separate or whether they have physically combined them into one almighty game we don't know.

If it is just a visual improvement, why did it take them like 8 months to announce it if it was only gonna be improved graphics? I am saying 8 Months because that is how long Marvel's Avengers' been out, since The Force Awakens was developed by TT Fusion and the main games are developed by TT Games.

Is the 8-month development a fact? I would assume, if it is a fact, that it could be contributed to minimal manpower slash low priority or a desired time table for release. This is all just speculation as I'm not an expert on video game development or remastering and how long slash how many working hours it takes to develop or remaster a game.

Why not? They don't have to spend any money on gameplay.

Why not? They don't have to spend any money on gameplay.

I have no doubt that if they did indeed re-do all the cutscenes, then that would have been their main selling point.

If they do did go down the path of new, dialogue incorporated cutscenes, would they put dialogue into the actual levels themselves?

Any chance of a pre-order exclusive? :look:

I hope a big chance! I'd love to get something the old line skipped. Maybe Luna in her school robes? Regardless of bonus or not, I'm definitely excited for this! The originals remain two of my all-time favorite games, and I can't wait to play through them yet again!

There better not be a preorder exclusive considering it's only coming to one console. That's ridiculous. :hmpf_bad: