bartneck

The Classic Castle LEGO Minifigure Catalog

This looks neat (much like your t-shirt) - but I have 1 pretty big question....is selling this even legal? This looks like a fan-project instead of something official. Have you done your legal due-diligence to cover yourself legally for trying to profit off of using Lego's name and artwork/iconography?

Edited by thetang22

I have been working on LEGO related books for years and, fingers crossed, LEGO has not taken any legal action.

I have been working on LEGO related books for years and, fingers crossed, LEGO has not taken any legal action.

My guess is Lego simply isn't aware you are doing it...and if they were, they would likely request you stop. After all, they have sold similar "catalogue" books, and you are attempting to profit off of something you seemingly don't have the rights to profit from. For what it's worth, I'm not going to play whistle-blower...just trying to bring up the point.

They know about the books. I sent several to them. I also talked to DK in an attempt for collaboration, but they were not interested.

Edited by bartneck

And they KNOW you were/are currently selling them? They aren't under the impression this is otherwise just a passion project you are not trying to profit on?

If you have proof they are clear on that point, then you should be good.