Sign in to follow this  
RememberTheLittleGuy

Do you keep your Lego Boxes?

the only boxes i have ever kept are my clone wars ones. :thumbup:

eventhough they are very big (some up to 50% more than the actual brick content!)

i thought they were too shiny,glossy,goood-look'in and expensive to throw away. :classic:

Of course i keep the box, the instruction book, the extra pieces and plastic pack back in the box after assembling it.

I keep the box for the higher resale value of used set, most probably at the cost price.

No, I never keep any boxes. As they say, "it's the inside that counts". :wink: And I never want to sell my Lego, so there's no point for me in keeping them. And even if I wanted to, I would never be able to find the space to put them as I have already trouble finding space for the Lego itself. :wacko:

However, if it's something made out a durable material and is reclosable, like brick buckets, PAB cups, or BIONICLE canisters, I keep 'em for storage. :classic:

Can someone add a poll or something to this topic?

I agree, that would be very good! :thumbup:

Kept all my boxes & instruction booklets too, takes up a lot of space.

Extra effort needed to protect them from dust & sunlight just like the bricks.

boxes.jpg

This picture is a few years old now, but it's roughly what my box stash looks like. :grin: I don't have space for them in my current apartment, but I have kept them at my parents' house. I plan to bring them back when I move into a bigger place in the future.

One thing is that the boxes 15 or 20 years ago were much more impressive and high quality than the ones today, and I tend to keep the newer (2000 and onward) boxes more for completeness than anything else. I probably wouldn't be keeping any boxes if my collection only consisted of sets from the last few years. The newer boxes are easier to store though since they have no trays or packaging inside, so it's easy to put the smaller ones inside the big ones.

The last time those appeared was in 2003. I used to spend hours staring at the dioramas in them as a kid, but they're unfortunately a thing of the past. Marketing in general has increasingly moved away from printed materials and towards internet advertising in the last 10 years.

Amen, and a very nice collection too. :thumbup:

Yep, I keep them, still have plenty of classic space boxes dating back to 1979.

I keep Limited Edition boxes, because the instructions don't tell you its Limited Edition (I am NEVER throwing out my Solar Sailer box)

I have only started doing this. I have plenty of space in my closet so so far it is only the loot island box and a creator box. I have gotten more sets but I subconsciously threw them away.

I never keep any of the boxes. There isn't really any point because I don't sell on bricklink and I never will :P. I keep the instructions just in case I'm in need of a certain piece and I need to find it or if a part of the set broke.

I keep every single box I manage to get. Small boxes from the 80's and some boxes during my almost-dark-age have been thrown away. Last year somebody had thrown empty railway track boxes into our carton recycling container, and I'm still sad I didn't collect them up...

I just put up all my boxes on shelves, should take some photos of them, too, into my MiniFingland-thread...

Edited by Jvvv