Sign in to follow this  
Buddy010702

[Porsche][WIP] Mission E

So, with all the other WIP's I've seen, I guess its time to show off my entry for this, or at least what I've got of it so far... Keep in mind that this is my first real Supercar, and has a lot of testing on one side, while leaving the other to compare.

File_004.jpeg

File_001.jpeg

File_000.jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_006.jpeg

File_007.jpeg

It has no fake engine, because it was unrealistic (and took up space)

It has a forward, neutral, and reverse option, but it is basically useless, as it connects to nothing.

It has full suspension, as well as the steering wheel being connected to the steering.

I need a few opinions:

How do the red fenders look? (Only have 2 white flex axles available, so I was testing how red looked)

Should I take out the back two seats in replacement for a gearbox?

Which front fender looks better? The flex axles or angled pieces?

Should I make a combination model loosely based off the mission e?

Please tell me your thoughts, and opinions, and any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

I think, seats are too small for overall size.

Looks pretty good, although I agree with Jurss - the seats are rather small. Other than that, it looks good!

Ok, I will fix that, I will add more updates later, but HUGE progress is being made now

Thanks!

*UPDATE*

Here are some new photos: (Photo quality ain't great, but it's quick to update)

File_001.jpeg

File_000.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

File_004.jpeg

File_005.jpeg

Now comes the fun part... Putting in the gearbox...

But do you guys think that the red is bad? I can't change the fenders, but should I take the red on the doors out, I will add a 'sticker' in the door panels to make it flow more, but what are your opinions? Do the front lights look good? Does it look good in general?

Sadly I can't make the fenders white, I can't make an order in time of the deadline of the contest, but next time I buy a set, I will buy the parts to make this fully white, but for now, red will need to do.

There are some other problems (like the sloping roof) but I will get to those later...

Give me all opinions you have! Good or bad!

Thanks!

NEW UPDATE:

Almost done, I have tweaked most of the problems, (only like one or two left) and just need to take good quality photos for the contest.

All I need to do is create a control scheme for shifting gears (don't have the time for creating paddles, so going to have to create a simpler scheme) and possibly fix the seats (size), but not sure if I will...

Here are the photos:

File_000.jpegFile_001.jpegFile_002.jpegFile_003.jpegFile_004.jpeg

Sorry for blur on the second photo

Any suggestions (or criticisms) are welcome!

Very recognizable, you have captured the new design language of Porsche well, you can see it in the headlights, taillights.

However, from the side view, it does look very poor.

Thank you, I have put a lot of effort into this. I do admit though, the side does look poor, and I am trying to get that to look nicer. Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions to improve it? I will keep trying to make it better though, and won't be touching the front or back anymore (unless needed)

Using soft/flex axles might be easier to achieve desired shape of the upper body part. Especially at the back side. This would require you to make rigid B pillars to hold the roof firmly.

UPDATE:

Front fender looks a bit more finished, although may still be subject to change

Roof supports have been changed

Back fender is curved better nowFile_000.jpeg

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks