Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

CITY Car Ferry set 60119 MOD - real life with LDD file

This is basically a stock CITY set (specifically set number 60119, "Ferry") The catch is it features about 27 more parts which make the ship look a lot better.

27456346891_7ceeaf81eb_z.jpg

I added some height to the walls to keep the imaginary water (as the boat does NOT really float) out and extended the bridge's length by two studs to make it a little less cramped, and Ii even put in a seat for the Captain.

27528455355_7e2119c833_z.jpg

The additional wall height makes the loading ramps a bit more in tune to the rest of boat, as they now line up nicely with the walls when folded up.

27494078336_1b975c456d_z.jpg

These are all the parts needed to modify set 60119 to be more sea worthy with the higher walls and extended bridge.

60119-1.jpg

Here is the original model to compare mine to. (image taken from BrickLink) I hope you like my model, you can make the modifications yourself, courtesy of this handy LDD file: http://www.moc-pages...1465332822m.lxf

NOTE: The stock parts are grouped separately in the LDD file, while the remaining pieces are the extras.

Comments, Questions and complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice MODs - I've played about with modding this set too. Have you considered adding some grey tiles to fill the gaps below the angled bits of the hull?

Nice MODs - I've played about with modding this set too. Have you considered adding some grey tiles to fill the gaps below the angled bits of the hull?

I hadn't thought about that! I'll see what Light Bley tiles I can scrape up and see how it looks. Thanks for the idea!

I have to say that I like the ferry a lot more with the original lower sides, it looks more realistic.

A small river ferry like this is basically a flat pontoon with the cars on top. The sides are not necessary to keep the water out and might be just some railing to keep cars and passengers from falling into the water.