Sign in to follow this  
Renderbricks

LEGO® 10251 Brick Bank // VR Cardboard Tour

Hello LEGO®-Fans,

I just updated my next VR Cardboard Demo with the nice LEGO Brick Bank and 16 spots. You'll need a smartphone and a cardboard otherwise it makes no sense. The immersive feeling is stunning.

Just stand in the middle of a room and turn around. Move the pointer onto the stars to switch to another point of view. There are some render quality issues inside the building what will be fixed soon. But for now enjoy a little VR tour outside, inside and on top of a LEGO building like a Minifigure.

Links you'll find here. If you use one of these platforms I am happy if you like, follow and spread the word.

on Facebook

on flickr (link below in Textbox)

on ArtStation (link in Description)

Enjoy!

Edited by Renderbricks

I don't even have Google Cardboard, but even just looking at it on my computer screen... I can safely say this is the coolest Lego-related application of technology I've ever seen. It looks amazing, showing a minifig's eye view of a Lego set in a way that no other medium really could. If Lego themselves aren't looking at the potential for this kind of use of VR, they definitely should.

WOW! How does this work on your TV exactly? I wasn't aware about this. Thanks for sharing on flickr.

I don't even have Google Cardboard, but even just looking at it on my computer screen... I can safely say this is the coolest Lego-related application of technology I've ever seen. It looks amazing, showing a minifig's eye view of a Lego set in a way that no other medium really could. If Lego themselves aren't looking at the potential for this kind of use of VR, they definitely should.

Here's a single panorama version for you!

Enjoy!

Edited by Renderbricks

Now make a google streetview type of thing of it. Gather all the modular buildings, make a street out of it and render it at different spots in- and outside the buildings. Then you can 'walk' through there :laugh:

Now make a google streetview type of thing of it. Gather all the modular buildings, make a street out of it and render it at different spots in- and outside the buildings. Then you can 'walk' through there :laugh:

On my task-list ... brick-list! ;-)

WOW! How does this work on your TV exactly? I wasn't aware about this. Thanks for sharing on flickr.

- TV out laptop screen via hdmi cable.

- Press F11 to make the browser become full screen.

- Press 3D function button of TV remote, then choose SBS 3D (side by side).

27466550166_f5228bb37b_c.jpg20160606_203626 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Wow, this really makes me regret throwing out the Cardboards I had (I took them apart for the magnets in them). I'm not a big fan of 3D anything, games, movies, or theme park rides, and haven't put on the 3D glasses that came with my TV for, literally, years.

But today, I can not wait for those 3D glasses to charge so I can try this out on my TV! This looks amazing! Thank you for this demo!