Col. Whipstick

Which Pirate LEGO faction do you support?

Ahoy Duuuuuuuude!  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you?

• Pirates
    • Soldiers (Blues)
    • Imperial Guards (Reds)
    • Islanders
    • Imperial Armada

The Armada really isn't doing very well so far... So far it's fairly predictable but I thought the Armada would do better than the bone-noses. I wonder if it's fair to declare a victory when we reach a certain number of votes, every war has to end sooner or later and we're going to run out of cannonballs though I suppose we could all just throw coconuts at each other. X-D

Edited by Col. Whipstick

I don't think there can be a victory. Tomorrow, 5 new redcoat people may appear and vote. Thatn 20 Armada people will appear and so on and so on. Who knows that the new year will bring either.

Pirates it is, i'll just conquer the naval ships and plunder their settlements harrr *sweet*

Same goes for me *sweet*

Same goes for me *sweet*

And me *sweet*

The reason i love Pirates is that the first ever proper Lego set i got was the Skull's Eye Schooner and it was fun to be evil in a nice (and the best) big ship. I did used to feel sorry for the Islanders though as they would always just get slaughtered and have all their treasure stolen. I never actually got into the whole soldiers thing, i just stuck with Pirates vs. Islanders so i guess only Islanders fans can have beef with me X-D

At the moment I'm in the process of rebuilding my Skull's Eye Schooner and have just got the remaining parts i need from BrickLink, i can't wait to build and see it again as its been about 12 years :'-)

I'm also super pleased I've found this forum, every topic really appeals to me as I'm a huge Pirate Lego fan and its nice to top up on all the knowledge of you guys and see your awesome moc's.

I just have more Pirates, thats the only reason I'm a pirate myself.

I have more pirates than anything and more Blues than Reds, in fact I have more Islanders than Reds but I still voted for the Reds. X-D

Well ask yourself whether the blue or red uniforms have to represent France and Britain? Just choose which colour you preffer, afterall Lego never called them French or British and that's what this poll is about - what Lego created not what we interpret.
True. I prefer to think of the French as Blue and British as Red. Though in most armies the Fife & Drum corps. has inverted colored uniforms...

I only own one of the Islanders sets. It's incomplete, lost to a big box of new, mostly (and opinionably) crappy sets. However, I don't know which path I'll take.

A great idea would be to count the troops of everyone on each army. Then we can see which has the largest army instead of how many people are on each team. *wacko*

It would be a pretty big number.

Anyway damn French(blues) your winning.

A great idea would be to count the troops of everyone on each army. Then we can see which has the largest army instead of how many people are on each team. *wacko*

It would be a pretty big number.

Anyway damn French(blues) your winning.

Trust me, if we did that the Blues would definately win and it's almost impossible to count because some people make what I call 'cheap troops' - imperial torsos that don't have epaulettes or backpacks etc. So I'd only qualify as many men as fit the official Lego minifig complete. Nah, leave the poll like it is, army listing is way too much of a mission.

Go Imperial Guards GO !!!

I just like how those guys look like British soldiers.

Thanks for the vote, only 2 behind the blues... perhaps I should find everyone I know including the neighbour's dog to sign up just to vote red. X-D

As for your signature, I have designed the East India Co. flags, I just need to get 'round to posting them.

As for your signature, I have designed the East India Co. flags, I just need to get 'round to posting them.

As I have already witnessed you talent, I can say that it sounds great. *wub*

Trust me, if we did that the Blues would definately win and it's almost impossible to count because some people make what I call 'cheap troops' - imperial torsos that don't have epaulettes or backpacks etc. So I'd only qualify as many men as fit the official Lego minifig complete. Nah, leave the poll like it is, army listing is way too much of a mission.

Thanks for the vote, only 2 behind the blues... perhaps I should find everyone I know including the neighbour's dog to sign up just to vote red. X-D

Damn you caught me out!

hi everybody! new redcoat here to help you guys out! I dont have enough of any faction to make much of an impact, but im backing the reds anyway. *sweet*

hi everybody! new redcoat here to help you guys out! I dont have enough of any faction to make much of an impact, but im backing the reds anyway. *sweet*

Good for you Admiral! Welcome to the forum! There's heaps and heaps for you to have a look at, we've been around quite a while, hope you will be too.

Blue/Soldiers/French/whatever are the coolest I think...mostly because I don't have any, maybe? But hopefully I shall soon...then my MOCship will actually have Marines.

The blues are easier to get hold of than reds in my experience, hence why people seem to have particularly large numbers of blues.

While the pirates have a special place, I voted for the blue soldiers. It might be because Caribbean Clipper and Sabre Island were my first Pirate sets, I don't know.

The blues are easier to get hold of than reds in my experience, hence why people seem to have particularly large numbers of blues.

I wonder why that would be...correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there more sets with Reds than with Blues?

why are the redcoats so hard to get. i do notice this though but it's just puzzling. 6271 imperial flagship and 6277 imperial trading post sell for way higher than 6274 carribbean clipper and 6276 eldorado fortress. it's just frustrating coz right now my troops are around 2:1 blue to red. i like to have an even match. :-P pirates vs natives vs red vs blue.

Argh it be obvious whos side i be on. Pirates blood in my veins. However i will always sink a french ship for the fun of it. Red coats are better ta share ya rum with and make fine seadogs when put to it.

Seeing as the King spot be taken as well as Pirate lord of the Pacific, i be the Legand pirate of the AsiaPacific...