Sign in to follow this  
azog

French Port (so far)

Hello again Eurobricks! I have been working on a port for the French and I should mention it is not finished yet. I will be adding a governors mansion and maybe some other small details there and then. But without further of due lets dig in to what I have so far.

26806844991_78e59951e7_c.jpgWP_20160506_22_58_40_Pro by jameswestman, on Flickr

Don't mind the background it was a little too big for the white poster board :pir-grin:. Anyway as you can see on the far left there is my captains house right on the dock. In the middle there is my small beach/market place with a blacksmith shop and a market for food, backpacks, and fishing rods. Then on the far right is of course the soldiers fort and the soldiers outpost sets from 2015.

26806866721_a78ba013b1_c.jpgWP_20160506_22_58_57_Pro by jameswestman, on Flickr

Right here of course is my captains house and I mainly designed the thing to be a armory but for the BOBS competition I made it into a house for myself/captain. To get a better look at it you can check out my original posting of it here: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=130947

Or of course you can check out my flicker.

26806855141_51f2a3a502_c.jpgWP_20160506_22_59_13_Pro by jameswestman, on Flickr

In this picture you can see the beach/market place that I have designed. I have my market on the far left and a blacksmith on the far right that loves playing with his dog! :pir-classic:.

26780978662_f089449e1b_c.jpgWP_20160506_22_59_27_Pro by jameswestman, on Flickr

Then finally here is my sets from the 2015 wave.

Let me know what else I should mainly add other than a governors mansion and more soldiers of course. Thank you for looking at my MOC and I hope all of you have a great day!

Heya.

You made a basic, but nice MOC here.

If you want suggestions for extra details, I'd say a bit more rock outcrops on the beach part like the watchtowers have, and a walkway from the small watchtower to the beach so those tired soldiers can take an easy stroll to the port.

Heya.

You made a basic, but nice MOC here.

If you want suggestions for extra details, I'd say a bit more rock outcrops on the beach part like the watchtowers have, and a walkway from the small watchtower to the beach so those tired soldiers can take an easy stroll to the port.

Yeah I was thinking about adding those I just didn't have the pieces at the time, Thanks for the comment! pirate_classic.gif

Looks good!

Thanks! Very soon there will be a governors mansion as well, and the imperial flagship

That's really a nice diorama! As far as I know, LEGO City was the first theme series - even before mini figures. And it's still popular because much is needed in a Caribbian port: piers, boats, shops etc. I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. The combination of stone and wood looks great. How long have you been creating LEGO dioramas to become such a skillful builder?!!! It looks very realistic.

That's really a nice diorama! As far as I know, LEGO City was the first theme series - even before mini figures. And it's still popular because much is needed in a Caribbian port: piers, boats, shops etc. I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. The combination of stone and wood looks great. How long have you been creating LEGO dioramas to become such a skillful builder?!!! It looks very realistic.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I am always happy to get comments like this one! I have played and owned lego's since I was 5 and I would always save up my holiday money and bought great lego sets from mostly every theme. My parents never had a ton of money so buying lego sets for me wasn't and option but I always bought what I could. Our family had one single brick bucket that has a thousand bricks in it, and I am still using it today. This is my little diorama that is still in progress, I have one medium sized one with an asian feel to it with a center piece of the temple of airjitzu. Then I have my large diorama that sits on a huge table and it has a medieval feel to it. I have 2 castles, a dwarf mine, a forest for the elves, and a small village. But once again thank you sooo much for the comment!

I hope to see it finished soon. Have you ever uploaded your creations in LEGO Ideas? So many years having that hobby - great! If your airjitsu temple is in the middle of a small diarama, your chancess are good. And the pirate MOC looks nostalgic.

I hope to see it finished soon. Have you ever uploaded your creations in LEGO Ideas? So many years having that hobby - great! If your airjitsu temple is in the middle of a small diarama, your chancess are good. And the pirate MOC looks nostalgic.

I have not uploaded any of my creations to Lego ideas, and I always want to make my MOC's or layouts look good on a shelf but a kid can still have fun with them