Sign in to follow this  
aska0278

Not even sure where to start.....

I am hoping this is the correct place to ask this question. My husband just recently bought a huge lego collection from a friend. We got an amazing deal. These legos survived 4 boys and several sets are 100% complete. One of the tubs is filled with bionicle figures and we know pretty much nothing about them. I don't believe we are planning on keeping them, (our girls don't really seem interested in them...) but where would be a good place to start to find out which ones we actually have and the actual value of the ones we have. I know ebay is sometimes a good place to look, but I need to know which bionicle figures we have first. Appreciate any help. Thanks. :)

Brickset.com would be a good place to start, they have a database of pretty much every bionicle set, and have lots of information on them and other themes. Here's a bionicle set page for example:

http://brickset.com/sets/8592-1/Rahkshi-Turahk

Bricklink.com has part inventories to each set, which are linked on brickset's set page.

if you have a picture of the tub, I or other members I'm sure would be glad to look at them and help out.

Also, are the instructions still around? If they are, the set number is on each manual.

Well personally I'd go to Brickset, they have listed all the bionicle sets. The best way to identify which sets you have would probably be to look at the masks, and other specific parts such as maybe a certain weapon part, to see which sets they match (and then you can bring up a parts list and seperate off whole sets like that).

Edit- oop! beaten to it without realising at first xD

Edited by Mutant Orc

I'd also take in the likelihood that the pile could also include figures from Chima, Super Heroes, Hero Factory Ben10, or even the recent Star Wars sets. Sometimes people even mistake Knights Kingdom sets as Bionicle.

Yup, try to use bricklink or brickset to see which sets do you have, and if you still have some doubts, you can ask on this topic. :sweet:

If any of the parts are from figures made after 2011, they're generally quite compatible with more normal LEGO, though, so what I'd recommend is to see whether those parts are from after 2011 using bricklink, selling any from before then and selling the heads of figures from after that time, since those are pretty much non-compatible with normal LEGO building and are often the most expensive parts of a figure anyway.

Thank-you very much! We were going to try and get started on the Bionicle tub. The comment about the heads being the most expensive part was definitely interesting. LOL I was wondering if there were specific marks or designs that would indicate specific series or sets. If we get stuck with identification I'll post in that other thread. Thanks for the link. :)

I was wondering if there were specific marks or designs that would indicate specific series or sets.

Oh yeah. Every wave of Bionicle is very distinct and identifiable, and so are most sets.

Not any that are too useful for figuring out which sets are which if you're new to them. Generally though, older bionicle sets have far more detailing on them, while parts from the post-2011 CCBS (Creature and Character Building System) are pretty much as smooth as normal bricks.

Edited by DraikNova