Sign in to follow this  
CP5670

[MOC] Blacktron BT-70 Intimidator

Great ship! The circular padding and the two rear thrusters makes the engine look more powerful, love it! I'll have to build an M Tron battlecruiser to dogfight

Excellent details and interior, even with that crew of 17 it doesn't look real crowded.

Also that Nindroid armor fits very well with Blacktron. Overall very intimating.

.. but we never got more generic pieces like 2x2 tiles or 2x3 slopes with the logo, unlike most of the other space themes, although I wouldn't be surprised if you have some. :grin:

BT_custom_1.JPG

Now, don't get your knickers in a twist - they're custom, not TLG parts :tongue:

Cheers,

Ole

Consider me intimidated.

This is a great ship. the wings look great, and that cockpit, with the Benny SSS glass and the upside down old CS one look great together.

My only complaint is the colour balance. A bit too much trans yellow and trans red I feel. But still awesome enough to blog.

EKnight

The crew is on the large side, but I wanted to include a few of each type of the Blacktron minifigs. I think Blacktron 1 is the only classic theme for which we have multiple modern versions of the minifig torsos.

Those Blacktron tiles look amazing. Where did you get them done? I was thinking of getting some done by Brick Engraver, but felt the model didn't have enough places for tiles to justify the fixed price they ask for. I might still do that though.

Thanks for the blog post, that's a cool blog I hadn't seen before. It's definitely heavy on the trans-yellow, mainly to have more places for the lighting to be visible. I'm also a sucker for the trans colors in general, and they were always the defining aspect of the old space themes to me. :grin: