L-space

[MOC] Chapel of Helsdingen

For an exposition in the Vianen City Museum I build the Chapel of Helsdingen in the early days, sometime before 1756 at least.

Shortly after completion of the chapel it was used as a farmhouse for the nearby monestary.

25898163090_688df984dc_b.jpg

Helsdingen-01 by L-space, on Flickr

26171027465_21e22cb192_b.jpg

Helsdingen-04 by L-space, on Flickr

26078560142_ded8c485d9_b.jpg

Helsdingen-07 by L-space, on Flickr

26145060886_3e6a5bd8d9_b.jpg

Helsdingen-09 by L-space, on Flickr

more on flickr

This build has a nice colour scheme and a realistic profile. The pig pen and shed look neat, as well as the irregular base. :thumbup:

I think, overall, that the build could have been more refined, though. The walls with all 1x2 bricks make it look like a random, unpleasant patchwork, imho. I recommend the use of 1x2 plates in the same colours to replace some of those bricks and also to create large patches of the same colour. A few tiles for the roof and a for the pathways would be nice too. Happy building! :wink:

I don't mind the mismatch nature of the walls, it gives it character. I think that the color patterns could be more refined but I like it!

Great MOC, I feel like the walls need a bit more 3D texture, e.g. headlight bricks with 1 x 2 plates on the side to add a bit more texture. Some vines would be nice as well.