Bonaparte

Decal Wish List

Could anybody make me a star wars blanco republic commando decal for me?

edit: please...

Edited by repubilcFORCES

Yes, someone could! :tongue:

(Although I really want an icy pole now...!)

:laugh: Thank you very much! :wink: It's for a Ice Crem Truck I'm preparing so you're invited to the opening for a free icy pole :tongue:

This is from the previous page.

I'd be happy to take a crack at it, but tell me what dimensions do you want it? Or to put it another way; what brick are you planning to use for the drum? (I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with Bonaparte's drums!)

This piece:

mlts3c.jpg

Here you go, one in blue and one in red. If my high school maths holds up, the circumference should be right! :tongue:

drumsRGB.jpg

Edited by ED-209

I managed to get it into my BS folder:

drums_ed209.jpg

Note - this decal is by ED-209

The trick is some sites and browsers do not read correctly .jpg files with CMYK colour mode; you have to use the RGB mode to make it visible for everybody (I had the same problem with a couple of banners lately, so I figured it out quite easily, after I downloaded it form ED-209's photobucket) :wink:

LuxorV

What size should I print it as?

Each strip (i.e. whole single drum design) should be about 8 millimetres tall (that's the height of a normal LEGO brick, and so of those round 2x bricks too); the only thing is that it will also cover the indentations on the brick's base, so you might want to try with a 7 millimetres in order to leave them clear.

The length is just a consequence, if you keep proportions locked :classic:

LuxorV

Each strip (i.e. whole single drum design) should be about 8 millimetres tall (that's the height of a normal LEGO brick, and so of those round 2x bricks too); the only thing is that it will also cover the indentations on the brick's base, so you might want to try with a 7 millimetres in order to leave them clear.

The length is just a consequence, if you keep proportions locked :classic:

LuxorV

Ah, the conversion to CMYK caused the problem? How odd...

My apologies Wellington, it displayed perfectly on my browser so I didn't realise there was a problem, but I'm glad to see that we've already figured out what went wrong! (Thanks muchly Luxor! :sweet: )

I'm under the impression (this is from memory, not measurement if anyone can correct me?) that the side of a 2x2 Lego brick is 16mm wide, and 9.58mm high. Not including the studs of course! (Who would put a decal on the side of a stud? :tongue: )

The circumference of a circle is "2 x pi x radius", thus the circumference of Wellington's drum piece should be "2 x 3.141592 x 8mm" or approximately 50.26mm.

So, when I made the image, each decal measured 9.58mm high by 50mm wide, with a print resolution of 600dpi, so most decent image viewers should print it correctly without the need to resize it yourself.

That being said, I don't know if when Luxor converted it from CMYK colours to RGB it may have lost the print dimensions? But I shall re-upload it tonight in RGB, with the print res as correct as I can make it. (Of course, if your programme ignores the print settings imbedded in the image anyway, I'm afraid this won't really help you! :wacko: )

Oh, and the reason I didn't cut the notches out of the bottom is because a) that would make it trickier to line up when applying the decal, b) some people might prefer to have the option of no visible notches on the drum. If you do want the notches present, I'd personally slice the hole out with a scalpel after applying it to the brick. (Watch your fingers of course! :grin: )

So, when I made the image, each decal measured 9.58mm high by 50mm wide, with a print resolution of 600dpi, so most decent image viewers should print it correctly without the need to resize it yourself.

That being said, I don't know if when Luxor converted it from CMYK colours to RGB it may have lost the print dimensions? But I shall re-upload it tonight in RGB, with the print res as correct as I can make it. (Of course, if your programme ignores the print settings imbedded in the image anyway, I'm afraid this won't really help you! :wacko: )

You're right; I mixed the 1x1 brick length (8 mm) with the height (9.58 mm) :wacko:

As for the conversion from CMYK to RGB, it shouldn't have changed the resolution or dimentions, but you never know... Thanks for providing the correct size info :classic:

LuxorV

You're right; I mixed the 1x1 brick length (8 mm) with the height (9.58 mm) :wacko:

As for the conversion from CMYK to RGB, it shouldn't have changed the resolution or dimentions, but you never know... Thanks for providing the correct size info :classic:

LuxorV

I was right about the height? I was only going by memory when I said that... wow I'm quite shocked that I was right! :laugh:

I agree, it certainly shouldn't alter the resolution, but just in case I've converted it from my original Illustrator image to rule out that variable:

drumsRGB.jpg

Edited by ED-209

Can somebody please make me some scratched up octan decals with the word octan below them with a black background? I also need one of a scratched octan sign with scratched up rad and green stripes coming from it I need these decals for a SP3 skull twin gas station that I'm building.

I may have asked this before, but since it was quickly over-run by the comments on the drum, I'll ask again. Is there a chance that someone here could make a decal of the agent from the set 8967 without the headset/mic?

I sense a bit of slowness in this thread recently; whether it is because of the MCW Contest that keeps our designers busy, or because of the summer holidays, I hope we'll see a return of interest soon :sweet:

On the other hand, I also see a diminished use of words like 'Please' and 'Thank you' in the requests; that as well I hope will improve in the future.

Thanks all for your partecipation in the MCW and keep Playing Well :wink:

LuxorV

I will have that Agent Decal uploaded within the next hour.

I may also throw in some other Agents to complete the set.

EDIT: Here is the requested Decal.

3729244446_57878f3ac1_o.png

Edited by *Jerry Man*

I will have that Agent Decal uploaded within the next hour.

I may also throw in some other Agents to complete the set.

EDIT: Here is the requested Decal.

3729244446_57878f3ac1_o.png

Thank you so very much. I hope to be able to use this as soon as possible/ :thumbup:

On the other hand, I also see a diminished use of words like 'Please' and 'Thank you' in the requests; that as well I hope will improve in the future.

I said please in my request on the last page! :tongue: