Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Tie Army

Guys,

To celebrate Orlego's return (yeahhh *satis* ), and the reunification of the Almighty Tie Army (yet another yeahhhh ;) ), here are pics of my modified Ties.

Comments are always welcome, and feel free to post your precious Ties here:

Lets start with the regular Tie Fighter

post-11-1114269829.jpg

Here is the modification of the Tie X1 (I actually used the old version, the one that came with the Y-Wing set, because I prefer the proportion of the back ;) )

post-11-1114269958.jpg

The Tie bomber (notice that I did the same wing patterns as the Tie X1 for purposes of unity).

Also here is a side note on the wing pattern: I mixed the old classic light grey with new greys to create a future unity with TLC new colours. Basically you have different shades of grey, which I think is rather nice ;)

post-11-1114270275.jpg

Are you trying to start your own Tie army???? >:( such actions will not be tolerated and our full force will coming flying at you :-D ;)

Are you trying to start your own Tie army???? >:( such actions will not be tolerated and our full force will coming flying at you :-D ;)

That would be vain my Lord :P , my mini army will not be able to defend istelf :-D

Where's the white flag when you need it :-D

Good, Good...it seems that you have seen the power of the dark side, Join us and together we can rule the galaxy *twisted* ;)

Good, Good...it seems that you have seen the power of the dark side, Join us and together we can rule the galaxy *twisted* ;)

Sure...and what are you going to tell me next, that you're my father :-D

I modififed a few but once youve seen one tie youve seen them all, ill never understand why lego chose to add blue to the ties :/

I modififed a few but once youve seen one tie youve seen them all, ill never understand why lego chose to add blue to the ties :/

Its just insane and horrible :'(

I hope to find nice bricks at Billund's PAB, I still need some modification on those: I want to have only long tiles on the wings, and I still need 1X2 grey bricks to finish my other normal Tie ;)

I had hoped that lego would of taken the blue away when i first heard about the tie collection but they still didnt, most sets that they produce are coloured right so why they didnt sort out the ties is just plain stupid to me. :(

I had hoped that lego would of taken the blue away when i first heard about the tie collection but they still didnt, most sets that they produce are coloured right so why they didnt sort out the ties is just plain stupid to me. :(

I hope that stupidity will not reach Obi's JSF (No light red please) ;)

I doubt it will, lego has done a good job matching the colours of the new sets compaired to the clips and pics from ep 3 that ive seen.

Nice. I feel inspired

Thanks ;)

The trouble is finding the pieces to modify them. If I could I would buy another Tie Bomber and make another Interceptor.

We'll see at Billund ;)

I really like how the regualr fighter has the line thingies on the inside of the wings

I'm tie'rd of all this talk of ties (boo! hiss! Yes I know its been said before ;))

Hey Yoda, why not get a Brickshelf account? You can upload all your pics and post them all easily.

Jon.

I'm tie'rd of all this talk of ties (boo! hiss! Yes I know its been said before ;))

Hey Yoda, why not get a Brickshelf account? You can upload all your pics and post them all easily.

Jon.

Jon,

First of all Tie rule ;) Your play on word is excellent: "I'm tie'rd " :-D

I tried to get a brickshelf account, never worked, tried to contact them to sort out the problem (they never replied), I even tried to create another account (on the same email address) but they wouldn't let me.

If yu have a solution, I'm for it ;)