After working this site out a bit better I have decide to give this whole post a redo , so here goes :wink:

as said outright in the title the model will be to 1:8 scale so that's about 71.5 studs long with a 41.5 studs wheelbase 31 studs wide ( in reality it is more like 30.5 studs but 31 studs prevents a whole bunch of complications ) and 19 studs high .

My creation will be based on this picture except the interior which will be tan

21.jpg

the car in all its holiness :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

the interior

- Unfortunately I could not find any perfect images :sceptic: :sceptic:

------------------------------------------------------------

The model will most likely way a LOT !! so it will be powered by two RC Buggy Motors driven by a Rechargeable Lipo battery box with an accelerator system { ran by a M Motor } very similar to that of the system used by Sheepo used in his Porsche 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet PDK link here ---> http://www.sheepo.es...let-pdk_04.html

This system has many purposes but for me there is 2 big big reasons

1- using this system allows you to get full power out of the RC Buggy motors

2- It also gives you the realism of a progressive accelerator

All in all the creation has 10 motors

-------------------------------------------------------------

2 RC buggy Motors for drive

1 M Motor for the "Progressive accelerator"

1 Servo Motor for steering + working steering wheel and Indicators

1 L Motor for the Disc Brakes in all 4 wheels + working Brake pedal and brake light

1 servo motor for the 7+R sequential gearbox

1 L motor for Race Mode { which lowers the suspension and allows the fake V8 engine to rev higher , and no doubt more things to come like more efficient brakes and such }

And lastly 1 M Motor to turn all the lights on

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Ferrari will have an ignition system that turns on the the main PF battery box ( with 1 set of automatic LEDs for interior lighting and the 3 receivers and 5 PF switches )

------------------------------------------------------------

the Ferrari will have 18 LEDs in all

-10 LifeLites Leds which are turned on through the use of the the lights RC function as well as 2 sets of Lego LEDs in the taillights and side lights at the front

-3 sets of Lego LEDs for the indicators ( some going to the dashboard )

-2 sets for the brake lights also with some going to the dash

- and of course the 1 set of LEDs that come on with the battery's and the 1 set that come on with the LifeLites

And as a bonus when you turn the ignition pressure is put on 3 Lego Light Bricks that light up the dash and center console

--------------------------------------------------------

The model then has 2 more L motors both going to separate 4 way gearboxes both providing 4 other functions { the lever for both are hidden in the dashboard through the means of pulleys and links they should smoothly change the gearboxes

The first box provides 4 seat functions

-Forwards and backwards on both sides

- and the back of the seat moves forwards and back wards on both sides

{ also as a manual function I want to be able to move the bottom of the seats up and down ever so slightly }\

-----------------------------------------------------

RSCG.png the seats

----------------------------------------------------

The other Gear-box picks between 4 other manual functions

1- windscreen wipers

2- adjustable spoiler

3- pneumatic pump

4- now this is an interesting one I call it disguise the receivers I want to be able to lift and lower the receiver so that when I want drive it around I can seamlessly where as when I wanna display it I can stow the receivers away its kinda like creating the best of both worlds

----------------------------------------------------

Pneumatics

I want the pump to provide air to 3 switches all hidden in the glove-box

1- opening the engine cover

2- opening the bonnet

3- an auxiliary output

--------------------------------------------------

and I also want 2 gears in the glove-box to adjust the position of the pedals and the wheel

and a gear somewhere to lock and unlock the the main battery's

and lastly a clever system that flicks on some LEDs ( Lego ones ) when you open the the doors , which by the way have locks and the correct opening geometry :classic: :classic:

-----------------------------------------------

And now the bit that is most important to me -

The looks I want this to look absolutely perfect including a highly detailed engine interior and boot space ( which should be of a decent size )

I know it all sounds a bit much but with a bit of help from the EuroBricks community and fat wallet I will get there in the end and I will update this post as often as possible :classic: :classic:

The original Car configuration ------------------> http://car-configura...|16b8fe10|1f1e3

Edited by CollinsLegoTechnicDen

The looks I want this to look absolutely perfect including a highly detailed engine interior and boot space ( which should be of a decent size )

I know it all sounds a bit much but with a bit of help from the EuroBricks community and fat wallet I will get there in the end and I will update this post as often as possible :classic: :classic:

This is exactly what I think – it sounds really much and a bit too noisy to me. There is nothing wrong about dreaming of the "absolutely perfect" supercar MOC designed after some brillant ideas and built by your own hands. Did you ever build a MOC similar this size or even smaller scale? Of course you can put a lot of stuff into such a big model, but I hope you won´t get disappointed after a while realizing things becoming complicated. In between - a nice car you´ve chosen there.

But besides a fat wallet and tons of parts you´ll need some skills, experience, a long breath and a lot of patience if you really want to accomplish this project. I have seen some really talented builders making big efforts and achieving tremendous progress with their MOCs without being able to finish them for whatever reasons. I would go the other way around – first build the model, or at least make some promising start and then show the progress here trying to get some inspiring and helping opinions. Anyway good luck with it!

This is exactly what I think – it sounds really much and a bit too noisy to me. There is nothing wrong about dreaming of the "absolutely perfect" supercar MOC designed after some brillant ideas and built by your own hands. Did you ever build a MOC similar this size or even smaller scale? Of course you can put a lot of stuff into such a big model, but I hope you won´t get disappointed after a while realizing things becoming complicated. In between - a nice car you´ve chosen there.

But besides a fat wallet and tons of parts you´ll need some skills, experience, a long breath and a lot of patience if you really want to accomplish this project. I have seen some really talented builders making big efforts and achieving tremendous progress with their MOCs without being able to finish them for whatever reasons. I would go the other way around – first build the model, or at least make some promising start and then show the progress here trying to get some inspiring and helping opinions. Anyway good luck with it!

yeah I know what you mean dude but I have been doing this sort of thing for like 5 years and yeah the patience is another big factor but that and the savings I also have so I feel it is worth a shot :)

yeah I know what you mean dude but I have been doing this sort of thing for like 5 years and yeah the patience is another big factor but that and the savings I also have so I feel it is worth a shot :)

No offense, I believe you can do it (if you love that car enough :wink: ), it´s definitely worth it! White is a good colour choice, there are plenty of parts now available. Take your time and feel no pressure to anything. I`ll be curiously waiting for your WIP pics.