Sign in to follow this  
Zusammengebaut

VIDEO: Interview with the LEGO City Design Team

Hello,

with the Lego City design team I talked about police stations, the new ferry, (missing) baseplates - and the future. :classic:

Best wishes

Andres

Edited by Zusammengebaut

Thanks for that. The other day I watched your interview with the CEO.

I am not happy with the baseplate answer, still think there is another reason for that, but I wouldn't expect them to disclose it.

Great interview, I watched it all and I love the quips and comments you added.

Dropping the hint for a new train was nice.

Really put them in the spot about future models, I guess we new the answer, but always good to ask.

Totally agree about the base plates, old sets like castles were built on base plates and they hinged open to allow play. I don't accept his answer based on this. I suspect the truth is more related to cost of production of the base plates and they make more profit if they don't use them, but they are not going to disclose that, it could also be that by using regular 16x16 plates the build is stronger when picked up, the old base plates flex a little.

I think it's 100% likely when we get a new ferry in 5 years time it will now have a ladder, good job

Paul

Brickset had an article about missing baseplates asking where they went, except they did't bother to actually ask and get an answer. We might not like the answer, but at least we have one now.

I love what he said about the Police stations. We make fun of them a lot but they are actually very nice. I regret not buying the 2013 (I think) city based one that had two garage doors and looked like an office building. They change them, they are different, we never had a prison island before and if I was a child I'd love that, heck as an adult I think it's very nice.

Thanks. Very interesting to hear there points.

But I really appreciated the answer on the base plates. Actually they are quite right and made the right decision.