Forresto

[Help] Cleaning Sharpie from Lego

I feel as if someone must have posted this topic and when I googled the latest one was from 2010, which was six years ago. I think it's high time to restart a new topic on the subject especially since people may have discovered new techniques since the original topic.

When I was younger I wanted to make my clone army more personalized and custom, as i'm sure many of us have done. Well now I regret that and hope to find some way of cleaning the figures safely without taking the factory printing off.

I tried rubbing alcohol on a snow trooper and that unfortunately took off most of the original printing. I'm not sure if thats because I sharpied the entire torso and that's what did it because it's perfect on non printed surfaces in my limited experience. With my clones I only put small patches of yellow in various spots.

25011253772_4a667a7feb_z.jpg

My dilemma is the patches on the torsos. I might keep the small yellow square on the fins.

Any help is appreciated.

I think that body-spray (not deodorant) works but make sure to wash it afterwards. (First post by the way.)

You could try Coleman fuel / white spirits. I've used it to instantly dissolve sharpy from CDs without harming the plastic.

I've used whiteboard markers and scribbled on top of the sharpie, then wiped it away with a towel, worked just about every time for me. Just a simple dry-erase Expo marker worked. I'd try it on a small sample to make sure it works though, might have just been luck for me or something.

~Beltar

Haha! I laughed when I read this, as I used to "customize" my clones too. Yours really aren't that bad, but mine look pretty terrible. I guess I should try some of the methods other people have posted...

I've picked up a horde of these damaged figures on lot buying. And I have abut three cans of axe from middle school that I have absolutely no use for as a young adult. Whamo, two birds with one stone. I'll try it and get back to you tomorrow.

Axe body spray works. I used it for helmets and getting in the edge of the finns on the phase 1 helmets was a real pain buy torsos should be a breeze.

Thanks everyone! I decided to try rubbing alcohol first and it works very well! It also strips normal printing a little however. All my clones have been cleaned up mostly as seen here!

26284788651_9a2e95e082_c.jpg

Thanks everyone! I decided to try rubbing alcohol first and it works very well! It also strips normal printing a little however. All my clones have been cleaned up mostly as seen here!

Thanks a lot! These look very awesome!

Edited by Nagol of Fortfield