Last weekend, I wanted to see how small of a RC motorcycle I could build. A day later and this came out. Its powered by the slow output of the buggy motor. The wheels are regular 56 x 26 balloon tires but squeeze to fit the inner ridges of the rim. This is the make the tire thinner and have a larger diameter.

800x504.jpg

Here is a picture to show the size difference between the normal tire (left) and the thinner tire (right).

800x450.jpg

As a battery, (purists look away) I used a 9 volt battery with a custom 9V connector to pf plug adapter that I made from a broken switch. The steering is very simple. The front wheel is free to turn from side to side and has a positive caster angle. The 9 volt battery is connected to the servo's output. This means as the motorcycle moves forwards, the wheel will recenter automatically but when the servo moves the battery, the bike will lean to one side. There are also small wheels to stabilize it during sharp turns.

800x537.jpg

800x539.jpg

And of course the picture from below, but in this case, it isn't very interesting. :laugh:

800x540.jpg

A video will come shortly if the weather clears up.

Very ingenieus,.. (spelling?) Really like your take on the steering and i am curious to see it in action,.. might adopt your tire idea at some point.

Anyhow, cool machine! Must be pretty fast aswell..

Thanks, and yes it is rather fast, I think approximately 13 km/h. If you do use the tire squeezing idea, make you use the older rims that do not have four reinforcement struts or else the tire will not stay in place.

This is the older version of the rim. see how there is no extra ridge going from the top to the bottom of the rim.

01.png

This is the newer version of the rim. See the extra connector piece.

05.png

Edited by Epic Technic

how does it stay balanced?

I'm not perfectly sure how it stays balanced but if I were to guess, I would think that it works the same as a bike. The gyroscopic forces of the wheels keep it from falling over.

So I finally found the footage of this creation, so I made the video, here it is:

So what do you think of it

Edited by Epic Technic

I like the compact build. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it any different to this?

It was deeply inspired by slewentogzz's motorcycle but I put my own twist on it where I used the battery to make the bike lean.