This listing is for a custom LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) starfighter I have designed:

Mace Windu's Eta-2 Jedi Interceptor

1452056918m_SPLASH.jpg

First seen in S03E23 in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" Cartoon Network TV series, Mace Windu's personal starfighter stands out among the other Eta-2 starfighters as one of the most interestingly-colored fighters, with a dark bluish-violet color scheme.

Currently, LEGO has not made their own version of this particular starfighter, so my starfighter is perfect for filling this need

Starting with the wings, I have kept the design very similar to the wing builds in #75038. The laser cannons and wing body are assembled very similarly to the original design, while there are some "touch-up" spots to improve the overall design.

The cockpit is built following the new cockpit design in #75135. It is a lot stronger than past models, and it stays together quite well . Along with that, I have utilized the leftover space in the cockpit and built a seat for the minifigures when put in. I have also included two 1x3 flat tile pieces just in case you want to add custom "control" stickers for the ship. Lastly, I have updated the rear engines to make them look closer to the original ship.

My design has everything you need to recreate Mace Windu's personal starfighter, and it sure won't disappoint.

Here are some more images highlighting the design of the front, side, and rear end of the ship, along with a detailed view of the cockpit.

14520569191_SPLASH.jpg

14520569202_SPLASH.jpg

14520569213_SPLASH.jpg

14520569214_SPLASH.jpg

If you would like to find out more about the design, you can visit the following link on MOCPages.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/423741

If you are interested, I have the instructions to build the model available for purchase on eBay and Etsy. The links below will take you to the sale pages.

Click here to check the listing out on eBay.

Click here to check the listing out on Etsy.

Please let me know what you think in the comments below, and if you have any suggestions or critiques, I'm very happy to hear them.

Hi, are the parts actually available in that colour? - I've done a couple of colour swaps and did not recall seeing the flags in any colours in that range?

People are being sooo overly confident selling their 'custom model' instructions these days... Forgive me but as I see it, you basically just re-colored existing model along with several minimalistic modifications. Selling LDD file you didn't even bother creating some real and good looking instructions. And the fact that some key pieces to your model are not existing in given colors, that's just last straw :sceptic:

If you presented this as just a digital mod, I'd have probably just passed it or maybe even stopped to say it looks quite interesting. In this case, however, you get my thumb down :thumbdown:

The cockpit is built following the new cockpit design in #75135. It is a lot stronger than past models, and it stays together quite well .

So, the cockpit design on 75135 is better then in 75038? DAMN, now i pretty much will have to buy a 75135 anyway (and mod the wings to the old 38 design), and mod my custom darth vader eta-2 with the new cockpit design...

Nice design by the way! im not a big fan of purple, but the Eta-2 is my favorite small fighter, and i love seeing improved lego versions!

People are being sooo overly confident selling their 'custom model' instructions these days... Forgive me but as I see it, you basically just re-colored existing model along with several minimalistic modifications. Selling LDD file you didn't even bother creating some real and good looking instructions. And the fact that some key pieces to your model are not existing in given colors, that's just last straw :sceptic:

If you presented this as just a digital mod, I'd have probably just passed it or maybe even stopped to say it looks quite interesting. In this case, however, you get my thumb down :thumbdown:

Ill agree with selling this is a bit questionable, i like the design, but it isnt far enough removed from any of the official designs to seriously warrant a purchase

Stuff like those insane F1 cars, or the small UCS style SSD and such are a different thing entirely

Edited by vectormatic

Many of the parts don´t even exist, so these instructions are only an alternative to you personally starting up LDD with a Jedi Interceptor file from the "Official sets in LDD files" thread and changing the yellow pieces to purple.

It was said already but the point really needs to be driven home.

Feels a bit like post-ironic self-parody in this thread. I like that.

On 1/6/2016 at 11:03 AM, vectormatic said:

So, the cockpit design on 75135 is better then in 75038? DAMN, now i pretty much will have to buy a 75135 anyway (and mod the wings to the old 38 design), and mod my custom darth vader eta-2 with the new cockpit design...

Stability was never a problem with the last 3 Interceptors, they all fit pretty well. The Obi-Wan one now just uses a 4x6 brick with holes and cut-out, some 1x2 plates with technic pin holes and the two technic parts in the front of the cockpit of the first posts pic of the cockpit. The difference in stability can be neglected. I would recommend the new cockpit because it uses less parts which are generally used very rarely in builds so it´s a good parts sink for your unwanted stuff. 

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Many of the parts don´t even exist, so these instructions are only an alternative to you personally starting up LDD with a Jedi Interceptor file from the "Official sets in LDD files" thread and changing the yellow pieces to purple.

It was said already but the point really needs to be driven home.

Feels a bit like post-ironic self-parody in this thread. I like that.

moc and my own designs yesterday in LDD and am still very unsatisfied with it.

Going by memory there are some changes in the LDD shots from the 75038 build besides color though, its not a straight re-color. But yeah, part unavailability make it a pointless design (at least for now)

Stability was never a problem with the last 3 Interceptors, they all fit pretty well. The Obi-Wan one now just uses a 4x6 brick with holes and cut-out, some 1x2 plates with technic pin holes and the two technic parts in the front of the cockpit of the first posts pic of the cockpit. The difference in stability can be neglected. I would recommend the new cockpit because it uses less parts which are generally used very rarely in builds so it´s a good parts sink for your unwanted stuff. Otherwise the 9494 green/grey cockpit with Obi-Wans wings is my favorite combo in official designs but everyone should do their own moc of this ship. Even the most popular design suffers from too wide and thick wings, weird engines and other inconsequential nitpicks that just accumulate into an imperfect design. I funnily enough made my own amalgam of the 75038 design, my linked moc and my own designs yesterday in LDD and am still very unsatisfied with it.

Thanks! my Vader Eta-2 is based heavily on 75038 (recolor, removed the missile shooters and filled in the bulb on the bottom on the non-droid socket side), and i was interest in the 135 cockpit, i just orderd one (and looked at pictures, and from my point of view the 135 cockpit is simpler, partially in a bad way. The 038 at least had some colored padding etc.. giving it a real finished interior feel, rather then a minifig sitting between a few bricks, so i suspect ill be changing the cockpit on the 135 as well.

I love that moc, but im not a huge fan of SNOT wings, as the edges end up looking rather blunt, so its not a path i want to go down myself

I will definitely be fine tuning my designs though, the hard part will be keeping my Eta-2s in sync (cant have differently built versions of the same craft) along with parts

I think that the color scheme on the Interceptor is eye-popping, but like the others I also think that inclusion of a instruction that requires real money payment is pointless since most of the parts in this MOC aren't available in purple in real life.

Savage.

Hi, are the parts actually available in that colour? - I've done a couple of colour swaps and did not recall seeing the flags in any colours in that range?

Not all of them. I wish they were, but some of the purple parts are not available in that color yet. Some people have been able to color their own pieces, although I'm not sure how they do so.

Well one for the future then.

Painting pieces can work but I'm not sure it would be that effective in this colour - I've used plasti-kote for some MOCs for dark red, white and other base colours. Of course its not purist.

Edited by Hold0511