Sign in to follow this  
Tordenskjold

British Army

That's a big army X-O ! I love the use of forestmen as riflemen, that's really an innovative idea *y*

The only nitpick I have is perhaps to give them rag-hats; they look sort of similar to hats I've seen worn by Jaegers. The forestman cap looks sort of castle-y.

That's a big army X-O ! I love the use of forestmen as riflemen, that's really an innovative idea *y*

The only nitpick I have is perhaps to give them rag-hats; they look sort of similar to hats I've seen worn by Jaegers. The forestman cap looks sort of castle-y.

Okay YOU try to make them wear rag-hats. i toold you all that they are a wild bunch :-D

they are scouts, not soldiers or Jaegers. thats why they dint have any kind of uniform. they voulenteer for service for the Crown but use their own rifle and their own clothes and equipment. they are forestmen and dressed like what they like.

at least thats what i thougth of. i was thinking of making a recon force but by making them scouts and not soldiers i finally get a way of using my forestmen :) i know thay look abit like castle age but i found that better than just leave them in a dark box somewere :-$

Thunder

Your army is amazing! But there is one problem. The British army did not have blue soldiers. They had red coats like the French Did.

Your army is amazing! But there is one problem. The British army did not have blue soldiers. They had red coats like the French Did.

Mostly true for infantry, but Royal Artillery and Kings German Legion (I think light Infantry) did wear blue coats:

But Cavalry regiments also had a lot of blue dressed units.

Andreas

royal-artillery.jpg

Edited by woody64

Mostly true for infantry, but Royal Artillery and Kings German Legion (I think light Infantry) did wear blue coats:

But Cavalry regiments also had a lot of blue dressed units.

Andreas

royal-artillery.jpg

Thanks for correcting me. I just relized that there was differant color soldiers in the battle of the waterloo. I think you should get bayonetts for your soldiers and more horses so your army can practice and you take pics of the squares the British formed using their bayonetts during the battle of the waterloo.

You had a very nice army a year ago. Have you upgraded your army since? Any new forts? Thanks for the inspirations. I really like your fort. A little hard to see with all that black though. I bought black bricks to build my fort also, but I am rethinking the color theme. Not because of your MOC though. :pir-grin:

Tony