Sign in to follow this  
Chris Weagel

Classic Town Style House

I've made an attempt at using the very fun and very frustrating Lego Digital Designer and created a house in Classic Town style. It features an open back and as many flowers as I had patience for creating.

View here: Chris Weagel Lego Factory Page

Excellent job! Welcome at Eurobricks. Thanks for sharing this with us. You captured the classic town style nicely. I don't have the patience to do things in LDD so I'm impressed with the amount of flowers you added! :-D I appreciate that you stuck to the classic style but added some nice detail as well, like the ornamentation around the door and windows. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing more of your work! *sweet* *sweet*

Nice! *y* I love the classic style you have created here, with a bit of a modern touch. Do you create these and buy them, or just create them to see what they will look like?

Thanks for sharing, hope to see more! :-)

TTFN! >:-)

Hello and welcome, Chris Weagel! *y*

A very classical house indeed, in a neat color scheme. Cool!

I've been collecting Lego Town for a very long time, but this is the first time I finally sat down with Lego's digital program. This was the first thing I've designed and uploaded.

The program is both very enjoyable to use and really frustrating. It's fantastic to finally have enough pieces of one type to build something substantial, but it's frustrating in its seemingly arbitrary color choices. I understand there are financial reasons for the limits on color and piece selection etc, but it's far too limited right now. In this house you might notice some clear 1x1 plates. I had to use those because no 1x1 in White were available.

It's been 10 years now since Lego went off the tracks with it's insane Juniorization scheme. Slowly, they've started making progress towards something I want to spend money on again. In some cases it's been fantastic, like allowing fans to help create sets like the Cafe Corner and the Hobby train. It's also great to finally be able to purchase bulk pieces. But these are offset by stupid marketing decisions, ridiculous color limitations, and really ugly set design. It often seems like they take one step forward and three back.

Still, though, for all its drawbacks, it's very, very satisfying to build with that program once you get the hang of it. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice Design. It remebers 6374. I know LDD sometimes is difficult to use, but the results are great. I encourage you to buy one creation.

Lluis

Edited by lluisgib

Lluis,

Thanks for sharing your Factory creation! It is very nice.

It would be best to start a new thread to talk about your creation as you will probably get better responses that way. This thread is about Chris's creation. If you want, let me know when you've created a new thread and I will delete this post for you...

Never mind! Thanks Lluis!

Here is a tutorial about resizing pics

and some other handy tutorials

Thanks again for sharing. I look forward to your new thread! *sweet*

I like the look of your house, Chris. A definite two *y* up. I am glad to see another "Townie" join our group, welcome. Can't wait to see what other MOC's you've created.

Model On!!