Rayskull

MOC Micro Fortrex (working Title) inspired by [Super Angry Mega Space

The transparent brick on the sides is sort of representing active shields.

castle_with_crazy_brick.png

castle_with_crazy_brick3.png

castle_with_crazy_brick2.png

Look at all that space, I have no Idea what to do with it :D

castle_with_crazy_brick4.png

There, added a bed, computer/engine room, lots of sword and shield mounts. I feel finished.

castle_with_crazy_brick1.png

Never quite finished hehe, added a stereo and a trapdoor to get upstairs. Minifig for reference :)

What if I matched the animation's highlights:

castle_with_crazy_brick8.png

castle_with_crazy_brick9.png

Edited by Rayskull

Of course, I changed some colors, guess who my favorite knight is? ;)

Starting piecing it out.... Dark blue super rare :(

Edited by Rayskull

guess who my favorite knight is? ;)

Aaron? He's my favorite too, I like his hair with his headphones.

So in this MOC, each invividual Knight has their own hotel? Lol, would be funny to imagine that, mini ROOKs in the show.

Edited by gamejutzu

Okay tomorrow I'll post my lasts revisions, I got frustrated trying to source it. Would need at least 4 sources.

Maybe I'll try again.

Is there a way to load a list on Bricklink and bricklink pick the stores?

Either way I'll give it a shot.

Edited by Rayskull

Okay these are the final revisions, some of the color is lost due to how expensive dark blue is. I've also used only pieces I could source. so I'll give it another shot. Please note there are a lot of exposed studs -those are for shields.

arronsrook11.png

I added steps to the drawbridge since it has a steep incline.arronsrook33.pngarronsrook44.png

Changed the engine room for a steering room, a boom box under the bed, and a lock to keep the halves closed.

I also tried as much as possible to minimize the number of different pieces.

Oh yeah I changed the color to mostly Bright Blue to match the distribution of color that most Nexo Knights sets have.

Edited by Rayskull

I know Fortrex offers so much more, but I need something more compact. Jeez, dark blue is going to kill me. This may be last MOC project requiring BL.

Okay so the parts are in route or almost in route. I am somewhat regretful seeing as an official tower is coming but I already pushed the button, only thing I can do as make it as nice as possible so that I don't get buyers remorse. When I get the parts I'll be sure to post pics.

I added Blasters on every window :D

arronsrook1.png

I know the draw bridge looks like a tongue :P

arronsrook2.png

arronsrook3.png

Cleaned up the interrior

arronsrook4.png

Edited by Rayskull

-The parts are coming in. Getting a little excited to finish it.

-Status report, just got a big BL order, everything is busted and scratched. I'm shelving this unless the rest of my orders are pristine. Super bummed!

-Okay, just reordered parts. Hoping for the best.

Edited by Rayskull

I've had a real adventure ordering parts, its best to develop shops you trust. I had to redesign the turrets, one shop was just not responding after payment with extremely rare parts, but I think the redesign led to some nice embellishments:

arrons_finished.png

On the top you'll notice the giant crossbow is missing, I thought it would be prudent to use the crossbows included with the different Arrons, so there are adjustable mounts for his crossbows up top. I figure that would also be a nice way to store them.

-Status Update: about half built and looking better than predicted so excited!

-Status Update: 80% done....waiting on parts.

Edited by Rayskull

I was trying to pin down the name of this now that I'm close to completion. I came upon this quote:

8 years ago · Quote · #9 Hugh_T_Patterson

Here's what I found with a bit of internet research:

"Originally, the rook symbolized a chariot. The Persian word rokh means chariot, and the corresponding pieces in Oriental chess games such as xiangqi and shogi have names meaning chariot. Persian War Chariots were heavily armoured, carrying a driver and at least one ranged-weapon bearer, such as an archer. The sides of the chariot were built to resemble fortified stone work, giving the impression of small, mobile buildings, causing terror on the battlefield. However, in the West, the rook is almost universally represented as a fortified tower.

So... I'm officially calling this Arron's Rook.

Edited by Rayskull

Looking good. And now I'm going to have to build a lava Roc (another word originally written as Rukh) to counter this :classic:. Kind of weird that we don't have any flying lava monsters to act as a counter to Aaron.

I just realized something, this is something that would be designed for Robin....

So its Robin's Rook.

It makes much more since that way. Everyone else focuses on fast attacking this is more defensive and would make use of his mechanical skills.... And maybe something the king would have built. (being protective of Robin)

I just made an adjustment, the rear needed a second column of wheels for support. And the bed will now fold away. Give me about a week I think to get the rest of the parts

Edited by Rayskull