DanSto

[MOC] BB8 mid-size (and friends)

Your welcome :classic: . I would appreciate some feedback if you build it :wink: .

If I ever scavenge the parts I'll build it

I'd support but ideas isn't working for me for some reason-as soon as I get it figured out I'll support you

Well, after one week on Ideas, this droids project is one of the most popular :sweet:

Great thanks to all of you who supported it.

However, it still needs your support to reach the first milestone of 1000 supports :wink: .

Edited by DanSto

I hope also but Ideas is definitively tough.

Two years ago, I submitted R2-D2 as project and it was not a great success :sceptic:

A few months ago, I submitted C-3PO & R2-D2 and BB-8 alone as projects and the result was not really more satisfactory :hmpf_bad:

Following a suggestion into the comments on BB-8, as a ultime try with these droids, I submitted this "Star Wars mid-size droids" project and, up to now, it is clearly more popular :sweet: .

But the road to 10,000 supports is long :wink: .

Clearly, the future of this project is in your hands by supporting it and sharing it with your friends :wink: . In advance, I thank you for your support.

Edited by DanSto

I love these droids! The characters are the most important aspect of Star Wars, or of any good story for that matter. Without cool characters, all the amazing vehicles and spectacle would be empty (literally) and pointless, so I'm always happy if someone brings the characters to life in Lego form, be it through dioramas and scenes, or brick-built versions like yours. I wish you good luck with Lego Ideas, but to be honest, anything Star Wars had been passed over on Ideas irrespective of huge support. I hope, you will be the exception to this rule.

Thanks for the link to the article. Your models look good on their own. Together they look really nice! Great work, and good luck on Lego Ideas!

Well, somebody from the US is selling my model on eBay :hmpf_bad:

http://www.ebay.com/...S4AAOSwaA5Wi03L

Of course, without my agreement and without giving me credit for the design :angry: .

I hope he will not sell them : 129 USD is quite expensive :laugh: .

EDIT : well, he changed the description giving me credit for the model. The building instruction has been published into brickjournal : so, I think that such things cannot be avoided.

Edited by DanSto

Thanks for the link. Of course, they are severals ways to approxime the head and the body. But, if somebody uses my design, I always appreciate to be cited; the instructions being free.

Taking into account that the 12 6x3 orange half-circles are very rare, I think that my version will remain difficult to build : this is why I have submitted the Ideas project (at least, in theory :laugh: ).

great build! Will definitely try it!!

Super. If so, a little feedback would be appreciated.

Wow, very cool. I think it would be a great cuusoo piece!

Cuusoo has been replaced by Ideas :wink: and the Star Wars mid-size droids are already proposed as an Ideas Project https://ideas.lego.c...rojects/124638.

If you like them, support the project :classic:

Am I the only one who believe that the Ideas Project #124592 corresponds to an unfair competition with my project #120370 submitted 6 weeks before ?

I believe that it is unfair to submit it to Ideas and to allow it to compete.

Indeed the panels used for the Lowell sphere of the droid's body are 90% identical :

Lowell_sphere_panels.JPG

the 40 studs wide panels differ by only 4 studs (in green).