VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

I want to point out the difference between the picture of Gorast we had before, the blurry one, and the one we got from that one magazine thing, the old one seems ot have a curved, nearly perfect blade/claw thing, and the newer one seemed more like Takadox, with a head slightly different, and a less pointy, spikey blade coming down out of it.

I was at BZP, and guess what?

Member: Is it true that your WoW name is MOMN's real name?

Greg: One of my WoW characters, yes, I have a number of them.

Oh boy. :-|

Guys, I think Gorast might be the female Makuta, just because Krika is a slang term for a filthy vagina doesn't mean she's automatically female.

-KW-

It's not slang for anything. Do you honestly take urbandictionary seriously? Lol.

I was at BZP, and guess what?

Member: Is it true that your WoW name is MOMN's real name?

Greg: One of my WoW characters, yes, I have a number of them.

Oh boy. :-|

I do hope he thought up the name for Makuta, and not for his WoW character.

~D

Too anyone who thinks these suck SHUT THE F.U.C.K.I.N.G HELL up really no one should say a single word untill we get detailed photos of these sets
You should calm down. Saying things like that is hard on your young, underdeveloped mind. By all means, feel free to disagree with us, but do try to do so in a civilized manner.

You should calm down. Saying things like that is hard on your young, underdeveloped mind. By all means, feel free to disagree with us, but do try to do so in a civilized manner.

I have to agree. That's totally inappropriate and unacceptable. It's a toy for crying out loud, stop taking things so personally and learn that people have different opinions. Don't do that again, okay?

I do hope he thought up the name for Makuta, and not for his WoW character.

~D

I think he said that he personally picked the name from the name list. I have a bad feeling about this...

I bet you all 5 EuroBricksBrickBucks that Makuta's name is either Zovzixaxzah or Sh4d0w1ord_666.

Five, count 'em, five, EuroBricksBrickBucks. Tempting, hmm?

Edited by hewkii9

QUOTE(Toa Krakua the Zivon Rider @ Feb 10 2008, 10:54 PM) *

Too anyone who thinks these suck SHUT THE F.U.C.K.I.N.G HELL up really no one should say a single word untill we get detailed photos of these sets

To clarify, this IS an over-18 site and you can curse (in moderation of course)...

...but disrespect and insults are more or less swooped down upon rather quickly and harshly.

That goes for posts both out in public view AND in PMs, okay?

...besides... you don't need super high quality, grade A, 8mb pics to see what these figures are.

The images retrieved so far tell almost the entire story of their build.

They're annoying to look at, but they're PLENTY clear to know almost every part that makes them up.

Quick note, only a handful of people outside of Lego know MoMN's name.

I wouldn't be one of them, sadly. But then again, what does my status in life hold anyway? I'm only the BS01 Owner, after all.

But to those who do, I suggest they keep it secret until it is fully revealed. -Swert

I bet you all 5 EuroBricksBrickBucks that Makuta's name is either Zovzixaxzah or Sh4d0w1ord_666.

Five, count 'em, five, EuroBricksBrickBucks. Tempting, hmm?

What can I buy with five EuroBricksBrickBucks

Gah, didn't really feel like posting about the new pictures yesterday, but I had to do it eventually... *sad*

Krika: Hm, I see Av-matoran legs, Vahki body piece for a chest, mask that looks like Kopaka's, strange red and white spines/legs/weapons, an ugly shooter - wait, what was I going to say? Oh yeah: not impressed. Looks like a total nonsensical mashup of new and old parts. :-/

Gorast: A backwards Inika back. This is the best they could come up with for a body. Okay, I admit, I wasn't against the Piraka bodies at all, but this just looks totally silly. Add that to six av-matoran arms, strange new claw pieces, ehleks's tri-talons, another cruddy shooter, and a strange, Pridak like mask, and you get another sloppy mess of a Makuta. |-/

Bitil: Oh great, another stupid - hey, waitaminute, this actually isn't so bad! Some useful parts here, like two of the new Takanuva armor pieces in silver, silver nuparu armor, and yellow claws and arms. Yeah, he/she has an Av-Matoran body, but it looks like it has some armor on the front to beef it up. Plus, the mask/face actually looks decent, unlike the other two Makuta. Yeah, another dumb launcher, but this actually looks okay. :-)

Onua: Okay, I can not even tell where his eyes are. If they are those little red spots near the bottom of that giant black face blob, this could be one of the worst masks ever. I can't even make out the rest of his features: what kind of body is he wearing? What are those silver blobs supposed to be (besides weapons)? And why does he seem to have Toa Metru legs for his FEET? *wacko* I ain't impressed. |-/

Gali: Man, she sure is muscular and armored this time around! I mean, look at her: Inika legs for ARMS, HUGE two toed feet, and a huge eared mask that looks like a cross between a Kaukau Nuva and an Elda. Again, can't even tell what her weapons are, except for that stupid missile launcher in the right hand, but at least she's looking better than Onua. :-/

Tahu: What In Blazes - quad jet engines strapped around his body? A giant claw for a melee weapon? A mask that looks more like a Knights Kingdom helmet than a bionicle mask? What have they done to our favorite Toa of fire?! *sing*

Okay, so overall, these canister kits are a no win for me. Only Gali and Bitil show potential at all, and even then they don't even begin to compare with some of the better Mahri and Phantoka. What, did I say Phantoka? Yes, because believe it or not, I'm starting to like some of them. Lewa's good, Kopaka just needs new weapons, Pohatu just needs longer arms, and Antroz, aside from the tridax pod, is really cool. The other two - meh, but the Phantoka overall are lightyears ahead of the Mistika, and the Mahri are even farther ahead. I think it's official: bionicle sets have gone the way of the generic, weapon loaded power robot action figures. :-X

At least some of the titans look promising: Takanuva and a couple of the flying vehicles actually look okay, and we still have yet to see Maezeka, who is most likely the Conquer of the Visorak Makuta. :-)

Uh... half of the peices used on the canisters sets you mentioned are wrong, notice that Grevious? There are no Metru limbs for feet, and there is no Vahki torso peice.

And how does this look like Kopaka's mask?

krikamask.png

:-/

-ZotS

Krika: Spiky mask, phantoka body (possibly with new chest covering), matoran limbs, really long staves/arms. Looks OK so far, but still too blurry for me to fully judge.

Grade: B+

Gorast: From what I can see: *n* :-X An ugly pridak-esque head, backwards Inika torso, ugly matoran limbs, new claws, new feet. Not looking good.

Grade: F

Bitil: Yellow limbs (hopefully the old yellow), Photok's body, silver Nuparu Mahri Armor, Takanuva chest pieces for wings. Looks good! My one disappointment is that his wings are Takanuva's chest pieces. Though they would look good as back armor when folded up, I was really hoping for more angel-like Hahli wings.

Grade: A-

Onua: Too hard to see anything at this point, but I will say that it looks disgusting.

Grade: Incomplete (but will probably be an F)

Gali: Very buff looking. Silver Inka limbs, a Calix/Kau Kaulike mask, pointy ears, metru feet, feet rocket boosters, a big gun. It's OK, I guess....

As a set: Grade B

As Gali: Grade F

Tahu: Um...red Inika feet (yay!), silver piraka legs, ugly shuriken, ugly blaster, ugly ninja mask. Yuck

As a set: Grade C

As Tahu: Grade F

Sorry about my out burst but in the case of some of them like krika and onua i m right right?
You're forgiven. Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "i m right right??" You liking them is your opinion, and opinions can't be wrong or right.

What i see is that on the middle one it looks like a phantoka makuta body piece with a piraka torso covering the spot were the tridax pod is supposed to be but thats what think

Edited by Toa Cyclone

Huh, Bitil look slike a rehash of Ehlek...

If you zoom in and look very closely, you can see a crease down the middle

of the toa shaped figure on the ignika stone.

It could be a door to something.