VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Dude, only Tahu has those round jet thingies around his torso. And the mask closely resembles Tahu's mask from the prelim pics Tyranide found earlier.

Have we seen ANY clear pics of Gali or Onua? No.

Also, Takanuva has Takadox heads on his arms...

BleaRGH! :-X

Pass! Do that all in trans, then we can talk.

As for those blasters, you can bet that the mold itself wasn't made by Lego... there's probably a bunch of them being sold in China under different toy line names.

You know, like how sometimes toy and movie franchises find their names on cheap products like poopy flashlights, napkins, party favors, etc... ...the only identifying feature MAYBE being a sticker slapped on the outside.

WHAT? Okay, that suprised me. Regardless of the design, why wouldn't that be an awesome set for all the semi gold parts? *wacko*

WHAT? Okay, that suprised me. Regardless of the design, why wouldn't that be an awesome set for all the semi gold parts? *wacko*
Because that gold is nauseating.

I think I like the new Tahu better when he's far off in the sky like that, and you can't see how what they've done to him. That still doesn't change the fact that he uses a backwards Piraka torso, has jets in weird places, and bears no resemblance to his former self.

Have we seen ANY clear pics of Gali or Onua? No.

Also, Takanuva has Takadox heads on his arms...

Here are the facts on WHY it is Tahu twice:

*The figure in the sky looks completley like Tahu Nuva from the leaked pics

*The figure at the front has a mask THAT DOES resemble his leaked mask, arms which are identical to his leaked pic, and jets.

*Also, if you look at Gali and Onua, you'll notice that they have completley different peices for limbs

*Look at colour

I would post pictures, but I don't think I would have to go that far.

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

Ahh, okay.

The pose that tahu is flying on that cover of the leaked catalog is the same as in that pic, so it's definitly tahu.

Because that gold is nauseating.

Hm, don't see why myself, but I guess I have different tastes.... 8-|

Anyway, I recently bought Bionicle Legends 8 using my Borders gift card I got for my birthday, so here's a semi-quick review:

Bionicle Legends 8 was the last book of 2007, so many fans were expecting it to be the most epic of the year. Does it pull off? Well, actually, yes and no. The writing is solid, and anyone who enjoys Greg's writing will like it, but it didn't seem as epic as some of the other Legends books.

Still, there was a lot for me to like while reading it. Makuta was at his high point, as he had been last year. I liked that even when he too realized Mata Nui had died, he was not really fazed in the slightest, showing how much he truly despised the Great Spirit.

Overall, however, the most enjoyable character had to be Matoro, and his maturing throughout the entire Legends story arc has been quite interesting to read about. As I expected, his final scene was far more epic than in the mediocre Ignition comic 11. The description of his final moments was just far more satisfying than they could convey in a 16 page comic book. The effects of the rebirth of Mata Nui also were neat. Turaga Nuju totally abandoning his chirping and shouting with joy was especially neat.

So, overall, it wasn't the best book Greg's written, but I still enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read the three Legends books this year. :-)

I have yet to read it.

-ZotS

I pity you, dear friend.

I myself have it, and enjoyed it well too, but like he said, it wasn't the best book he has written.

Still, there was a lot for me to like while reading it. Makuta was at his high point, as he had been last year. I liked that even when he too realized Mata Nui had died, he was not really fazed in the slightest, showing how much he truly despised the Great Spirit.

Makuta's final battle was very satisfying for me as it reminded me of the early years when he was portrayed in a nearly godlike fashion. He seemed very impressive.

I still think the best Bionicle book is Legends #6... But I only just ordered Downfall, so I'll see when I get it. I just don't think the feel of #6 can be topped by much. #7 was very close though. Maybe #7 felt underwhelming because it was only half of the Mahri saga, and #6 was the entire Barraki saga? Who knows. In any case, I consider #7 and #8 to be the same story, with #6 a single one (but with a cliffhanger).

Hmm, I hope the Mistika Makuta use the Phantoka Makuta body piece. Makes it more uniform. Of course, they won't have Tridax Pods (cough), but still, the main piece should be present. Although I don't think so, Gorast's chest looks like an Inika back. >.>

Well, today I got one of these books... For some reason there was very small number in the shop, so I got only one copy.

So. Let me talk about Bitil, whose picture is covered by thumb. First of all, HE'S GOT VISORAK EYES. So - no mask, it seems that it's Hordika-styled head. Awful. And, as I can see, Krika too. Very strange for me.

Well, today I got one of these books... For some reason there was very small number in the shop, so I got only one copy.

So. Let me talk about Bitil, whose picture is covered by thumb. First of all, HE'S GOT VISORAK EYES. So - no mask, it seems that it's Hordika-styled head. Awful. And, as I can see, Krika too. Very strange for me.

Think you could provide scans?

Yeah, this is what I thought. Lego gave us 6 new canister masks in winter and now, when we are excited about having another 6 in summer...they

Think you could provide scans?

I'll try. I haven't got personal scanner, but I'll try to use my friend's. Maybe even next week... I can't even use cell phone camera.

Hmm... the bohrok eyes and Hordika head design suggest that these Makuta have been mutated by the Pit Mutagen! But Greg said that they were masks...

Cool :D

-Iggy

Hmm... the bohrok eyes and Hordika head design suggest that these Makuta have been mutated by the Pit Mutagen! But Greg said that they were masks...

-Iggy

Chances are we just can't see them more clearly yet, so they "look" like something.

Besides, they could be masks... that just look like heads... -Swert

Chances are we just can't see them more clearly yet, so they "look" like something.

Besides, they could be masks... that just look like heads... -Swert

Yeah, hopefully.

Anyway, when we get toyfair coverage I will put it on the first post. Easier to find.

-Iggy

Karzahni's mask became one with his head, when he went to the pit. He could still use it, so the Mistuka (Yay! I coined a new term!) probably can too.

I have updated the first post with the phantoka. I will add mistika later.

Karzahni's mask became one with his head, when he went to the pit. He could still use it, so the Mistuka (Yay! I coined a new term!) probably can too.

But set-wise, that will mean that they won't have compatible masks.

To see the image, go to BZP.

Edited by ~VBBN~