___

LEGO Ideas links

I would like to ask: is there any restriction for posting LEGO Ideas links in our topics/messages?

According to the guidelines, the rule is you must have a single link to the ideas page only, and the title shouldn't be have anything about it being an ideas set. Hope that answers your question.

According to the guidelines, the rule is you must have a single link to the ideas page only, and the title shouldn't be have anything about it being an ideas set. Hope that answers your question.

Thanx for your answer but I only understood the 1st half: I did not understand your 2nd half of the answer ("...and the title shouldn't be have anything about it being an ideas set" - ehm, what? :look: )...could you please say it in some other way?

Or did you mean that there should not be anything about LEGO Ideas in the topic/message title?

Cos if that is correct then I did do everything as it should be and yet I do not know why was my LEGO Ideas link removed from the body of one of my messages?

Edited by bublible

It is in the site guidelines. If you ever need to refer to it, there is a site guidelines button at the upper right side underneath the Eurobricks banner.

LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

It is in the site guidelines. If you ever need to refer to it, there is a site guidelines button at the upper right side underneath the Eurobricks banner.

LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

Aha, OK, thanx for your explanation, so now I think the problem may be in the line "about" the actual LEGO Ideas link I put there, I have it like this:

LEGO Ideas direct link (please, give it your support there if you really like it...thanx):

- could that being considered as "too shouty" and "I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!" (alhough I make the topic like 3-4 days before actual LEGO Ideas one)? :look:

I guess it can depend on what you have before Ideas link. Are you taking about and encouraging conversation of your creation? Versus a bunch of pictures and a link to Ideas?

Here is an example of how one user got her Ideas in: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=109336

Maybe I still do not get it or something but what is the difference between the link you provided and my post in question here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111308 ?

See I am not trying to sound rude (english is not my native language and maybe sometimes it looks/sounds that way but it is not, so please bear with me) but I really see no difference between them:

* she has several images (10) / I have several images (6 - I simply have no more renders of that MOC)

* she has a tiny bit of text there (at the top) / I have a tiny bit of text there (at the bottom)

* she provided LEGO Ideas link (uder line) / I provided LEGO Ideas Link (made it good visible using different colors)

:wacko:

There's a number of differences:

- the one linked by dr_spock is a topic showcasing a MOC, with an introduction which lets members know something about the creation (in case they did not recognise the source material). The Ideas link is not in the first post, but in the builder's signature, plus another in the reply to a comment directly referencing the Ideas programme;

- the one by you is a topic including a number of pictures, without any comment or introduction on your part. Then there are links, all to external sources, including the background story and Ideas ones. Regarding the latter, as you say yourself, it is highlighted, and phrased just to ask for support.

To sum things up, it is good practice to make showcase topics, with some background story about the model, inspiration and so on, maybe asking other members for comments and critics. Then, it may include a link to the Ideas project, but not a call for support, not even in brackets.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I still do not get it or something but what is the difference between the link you provided and my post in question here http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=111308 ?

See I am not trying to sound rude (english is not my native language and maybe sometimes it looks/sounds that way but it is not, so please bear with me) but I really see no difference between them:

* she has several images (10) / I have several images (6 - I simply have no more renders of that MOC)

* she has a tiny bit of text there (at the top) / I have a tiny bit of text there (at the bottom)

* she provided LEGO Ideas link (uder line) / I provided LEGO Ideas Link (made it good visible using different colors)

:wacko:

I have reply from LuxorV and the problem was really with the formatting of the sentence (No bold, no different colors, just pure simple non-formated text was the solution :wink: )...all is solved now, thank you all for your input - this topic can be closed/locked now.

There's a number of differences:

- the one linked by dr_spock is a topic showcasing a MOC, with an introduction which lets members know something about the creation (in case they did not recognise the source material). The Ideas link is not in the first post, but in the builder's signature, plus another in the reply to a comment directly referencing the Ideas programme;

- the one by you is a topic including a number of pictures, without any comment or introduction on your part. Then there are links, all to external sources, including the background story and Ideas ones. Regarding the latter, as you say yourself, it is highlighted, and phrased just to ask for support.

To sum things up, it is good practice to make showcase topics, with some background story about the model, inspiration and so on, maybe asking other members for comments and critics. Then, it may include a link to the Ideas project, but not a call for support, not even in brackets.

Hope this helps.

Ah, I did not noticed you also reply here...anyway thanx, problem solved (hope so).