Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1, Stellar Conflicts

Anything else to discuss, or are we just waiting for voting to open?

Sure, man. Read what people have said and like craik about what you get from it, mate. Whoaaaa....

Sure, man. Read what people have said and like craik about what you get from it, mate. Whoaaaa....

I've been reading, and I've got my suspicions. I think I'll keep me close to the chest for now though. Hey, first game, just don't know who to trust... :look:

Craik on but voicing your suspicions for everyone could be a good thing, dude.

No, Clementine is moderately worried at the possibility of Hinckley Seamus being a Godfather. 4 of 2 had phrased it so that any "joke-ness" was rather vague. :hmpf_bad:

We know that we have newbies in this game, that might not be fully used to Mafia, and it seems logical that the scum might try and take advantage of that fact. If Seamus were to be a Godfather, than the scum could take the chance of having 4 of 2 called out for being scum, since since there's no way to find a Godfather except lynching. Run the risk of loosing a goon, possibly get PRs.

(Explanation of Logic:

Hinckley always gets investigated first. Tradition of the game. Scum need to know town PRs. Godfathers don't turn up as scum. So, if Technic(as a goon) tricks newbies and directs traffic towards him(Hinckley as Godfather), even at the cost of getting killed, the scum team gets /invaluable/ information - while Hinckley won't ever come up as scum /because he's a Godfather/ - meaning he can sit and run the game.)

It seems strange how quickly you brought all of this up. Before then, no one had mentioned anything to do with investigators or godfathers. I feel like you're anticipating a little too many things. No one trusts Seamus at the moment. If the cop gets a town result on Seamus, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. That space bridge. Are there bridges in space? :wacko:

First of all, why does everybody keep saying I defended Seamus? I have said multiple times that I wasn't defending him and instead was trying to prevent rash decision making. We can't just lynch someone based on the fact "they might be the godfather", they have to act scummy first.

There have been some strange leaps in logic today. From a joke about claiming to Seamus to a suggestion that Seamus is the godfather to an assumption that we're going to lynch Seamus because of that. :wacko: As out of the blue as Clementine's comment about Seamus possibly being the godfather was, I don't think he ever suggested we lynch him today.

Hey, whatever gets the ladies. Or men ;) (Still in character, but also: Hey, we're all just people beings. Love is all around us, it's everywhere we travel. It's nice. Let it be etc.)

So: It may take out scum or does not help remove unhelpful or distracting townies? If so, no lynch is clearly better. (Did you mean Does help with taking out unhelpful or distracting townies?).

Let those who have PR use them, seems like the better option to me. My calculation and analyse leans towards observing first. Hey, who doesn't like to watch? But I see your point in provoking a lynch against someone, see how they and others react, and analysing the votes to use as evidence later. Thanks for describing, since no lynch seemed like the obvious choice for me right away. So the question is not to lynch or not to lynch, but whoooooo should we lynch first?

It would be hard to not get a lynch unless everybody agreed to it and followed through. As much as it sucks to be lynched, it helps to lynch since we will have activity to analyze later, in my opinion.

I remember when I did a stint in space prison, we worked out a system to ensure we didn't get a lynch. The majority of prisoners thought it was a good idea then. Although come to think of it, I guess the majority of the prisoners were scum...

I'm afraid if I'm on track I could end up a target for the scum killer... :sceptic: Ya know, classic "He knows too much!" type deal. :tongue:

You mean you'd rather be unhelpful and alive than helpful and dead? If you notice anything interesting or have any suspicions, it's best to let us know. That's how we're going to catch the scum.

I remember when I did a stint in space prison, we worked out a system to ensure we didn't get a lynch. The majority of prisoners thought it was a good idea then. Although come to think of it, I guess the majority of the prisoners were scum...

Whoa, brother. What were you smoking? :wacko:

You mean you'd rather be unhelpful and alive than helpful and dead? If you notice anything interesting or have any suspicions, it's best to let us know. That's how we're going to catch the scum.

As it goes, I'd rather be helpful and alive! :tongue: I think I'll wait for a more opportune time though. Give me some time to get it all together in a presentable format. Whatever happens tonight will also be helpful in figuring out who's Blacktron :thumbup:

I've been reading, and I've got my suspicions. I think I'll keep me close to the chest for now though. Hey, first game, just don't know who to trust... :look:

This is pinging me. "I've been reading, and I'm going to loudly mention that I have suspicions, but I won't share them, but I'll assure everyone I have them, and because I'm assuring everyone that I'm suspicious and that I'm afraid of scum, maybe I'll come off as town." :sceptic:

*pulls up Stomper's posts*

To me, Xen immediately jumps out as scummy, for the same reasons as several have stated above. Why else would he strongly disagree with the possibility of Hinckley being scum? Certainly only stems from belonging to the scum team... :look:

*singsong* Bandwagon...

There aren't exactly any reserves... :look:

Pernilla! :cry_happy:

Stating the obvious, and a fluff "join-in-the-fun-so-it-looks-like-I'm-participating" post.

I'm afraid if I'm on track I could end up a target for the scum killer... :sceptic: Ya know, classic "He knows too much!" type deal. :tongue:

...And if you share your theories, and you are killed, then we can use that information for the town's benefit. :hmpf_bad:

I'm getting pinged a lot louder than I was with Doctor Wen. Wen was either classic newbie, or classic newbie scum. He's more of a "lynch-because-we-have-no-one-better-to-go-after," lynch. But your posts have a heavy smack of trying to skirt under the radar... :hmpf_bad:

Yes, I am jumping to the "possible candidate for lynch" gun. Because all of your posts, together in context, smack of scummy-ness. :hmpf_bad:

As it goes, I'd rather be helpful and alive! :tongue: I think I'll wait for a more opportune time though. Give me some time to get it all together in a presentable format. Whatever happens tonight will also be helpful in figuring out who's Blacktron :thumbup:

"As it goes, I'd rather laugh and deflect the question." :hmpf_bad:

Fine, fine. I'm just trying to figure out how stuff works in my first game.

You, Lind Whisperer, seem to be wielding the finger of accusation quite certaintly on Day 1, when nothing is certain, unless you're scummy yourself. :sceptic:

I jumped on the Xen bandwagon because frankly it makes sense. His posts were weird and as soon as he was accused he said he was going to leave EB. Who else would I be voting for? :hmpf:

Lind Whisperer
Who is this mysterious Lind Whisperer? My name's Clementine. Although whoever he is, he sounds very handsome...
You...seem to be wielding the finger of accusation quite certaintly on Day 1, when nothing is certain, unless you're scummy yourself. :sceptic:
Well, if pointing out posts that ping of scumminess is "wielding the finger of accusation," then yes, I will cheerfully admit to wielding the finger of accusation towards posts that ping of scumminess. :wink:

And no, we aren't certain of anything, a helpful fact PEOPLE WON'T QUIT POSTING :damn: :damn: :damn: , but, scummy posts come a lot closer to "certainty" than anything else we have. And if I find your post scummy, and if I look at your other posts, and they line up in classic under-the-radar formation, you bet I'm going to point that out.

I jumped on the Xen bandwagon because frankly it makes sense. His posts were weird and as soon as he was accused he said he was going to leave EB. Who else would I be voting for? :hmpf:

It was the way you jumped on it that pings. And the general smack of all of your posts, when gathered together in response to the one that pinged me.

As a general question, how long until voting opens?

As a general question, how long until voting opens?

Danny: "A bit more than 1 earth hour. I said "24 hours" 22.666 earth hours ago. I'm trying to be punctual."

This is pinging me. "I've been reading, and I'm going to loudly mention that I have suspicions, but I won't share them, but I'll assure everyone I have them, and because I'm assuring everyone that I'm "possible candidate for lynch" gun. Because all of your posts, together in context, smack of scummy-ness. :hmpf_bad:

"As it goes, I'd rather laugh and deflect the question." :hmpf_bad:

I know it's not cool to defend someone on Day One, but I don't care. Lay off the new guy. No need to coorse him so while he's learning the yarns, brother. Don't be flap because he's easing his way into this madness. I'm not saying I trust him but you're being kind of a right roaster picking on every little thing he says, man...

When I say "Wielding the finger of accusation", oh Mr. Clementine, is that you were quick to accuse 4 of 2 and Seamus of being scum buddies trying to lure players to claim to them, quick to accuse Xen (Though as I said, that makes sense) and now me. And you know what? I'll post it again. It's Day 1, we have nothing to go on! :damn:

Also, would you mind elaborating on "The way I jumped on Xen's bandwagon?" I wasn't aware there was more than one way to jump on a bandwagon... :look:

I know it's not cool to defend someone on Day One, but I don't care. Lay off the new guy. No need to coorse him so while he's learning the yarns, brother. Don't be flap because he's easing his way into this madness. I'm not saying I trust him but you're being kind of a right roaster picking on every little thing he says, man...

:def_shrug: I got my schooling in Cosplay School, man. There, you played, or you was dead. No time for learning, man, just for playing.

When I say "Wielding the finger of accusation", oh Mr. Clementine, is that you were quick to accuse 4 of 2 and Seamus of being scum buddies trying to lure players to claim to them mistook a joke for a serious statement.

Emoticons exist for a reason, people.
and quick to accuse Xen not afraid to call out when people were posting it fluff and calling it substance.
...It's Day 1, we only have what nothing people post to go on!

Also, would you mind elaborating on "The way I jumped on Xen's bandwagon?" I wasn't aware there was more than one way to jump on a bandwagon... :look:

Because the only thing your post adds is
...Why else would he strongly disagree with the possibility of Hinckley being scum? Certainly only stems from belonging to the scum team... :look:
...To me, Xen immediately jumps out as scummy, for the same reasons as several have stated above.
This is exactly what I'd type if I were trying to provide an example of "quietly jumping on the bandwagon". To a level that can only be described as cliche.

By itself, I'll cheerfully admit that it isn't really jumping on the ol' wagon in any way that's really much different from a townie. But taken in context with your other remarks...it starts to take on a new light.

All I'll say is you sure are quick to accuse. You may have your reasons, and you can explain them all you like, but it doesn't change the facts. You called me out as scummy on little to no evidence. You called out MT and Hinck on little to no evidence. Gimme a break! :hmpf:

I agree with you on Xen. I've said that. I won't add any more fuel to that fire.

I need to moment to process all this. I'll be back when voting is open.

After Danny Longleg's announcement, the whole "town" leapt into heated debate over the merits of killing eachother off with such little actionable intel, and why they should take orders from a being so clearly ambivalent to the lives of others or the advancement of the Federation in the first place. Actually, no, they just starting trying to figure out who they'd vote off first.

But it wasn't all serious discussion. The facility members still had some work to do.

Hannah Ford remembered she had a package to deliver.

20914556358_8eaef2997a_z.jpg

Hannah: "Here you go, rookie! I'd like to thank you for choosing Ford space-lines! 'We get the job done in half the time, with half the normal crew of a two pilot vessel, and with half of the federation federation involvement of a usual smuggling trip, for only twice the price!' I'd also like to thank you for tasking me with smuggling in something legal for a change. When the Feds pulled me over, I managed to convince them that all my cargo was legal just because of this!... Also, that'll be an extra 50 space bucks for the Federation entanglements."

Bock: "Well worth it, my good, good friend! Now! Let me see it in person!"

20481360953_33d924ca08_z.jpg

Bock: "Oh! It is beautiful! I shall call this traditional Klingulcanomulan blade Excalibur! Named so after the famous Klingulcanomulan sword of legend! I am aware that you humans lay claim to this tale, but I assure you, it's much better in the original Klingulcanomulan!

Ender: "Brutal yet elegant!"

Vasquez: "I prefer a rapid fire machine blaster, myself. Also the pictures you showed us earlier really sucked."

Clark: "Yeah, I gotta agree. Why were they in black and white?"

Harriet: "Yeah, pics suck. I thought it was a space ship."

Laura: "Agreed about the pictures."

Dave: "What's that on the hilt?"

Bock: "It's... It's a Pearl..." :cry_sad:

Meanwhile, some other facility members were taking care of different business that didn't involve hurting Bock's feelings...

21092343692_7ebc380e89_z.jpg

21102400905_7ca2348595_z.jpg

Seamus: "Yeah, and it burns, and I've been getting the strongest cravings for sausage, man..." Seamus said, in an inconsistent accent; occasionally Scottish, occasionally Australian, but definitely baked.

Doctor Wen: "Alright, let me take a look!"

20481322953_806b652878_z.jpg

Doctor Wen: "Ok! Nothing to worry about! Just a little Quarryman's Infection! That's all! Easily curable by removing the parasitic worm! You may still crave sausages though. There's nothing to be done about that. It looks like your unique physiology actually held the thing off from doing any real damage!"

Seamus: "Oi! Thanks Doc!

21110089081_87bbf92178_z.jpg

Doctor Wen: "Now, back to your home planet with my wibbley-wobbley-timey-wimmey plot device!

Seamus: "What'd you say?"

Doctor Wen: "I said... uh... exterminate?"

Seamus: "Oh, that's what I thought you said."

Doctor Wen: "So, one more thing: This infection is contagious. You haven't been having any unprotected sex lately, have you?"

20914281820_d21aa05327_z.jpg

Seamus: "Oh man, I've gotta make some space-phone calls."

'Rip': "Glad it ain't me this time!"

Later, after a while of worthless "day 1" banter, Danny stepped up on a table.

20481288993_07048ed4a0_z.jpg

"Let the voting... BEGIN!"

"Don't shoot the frackin' ceiling, Danny!" grumbled the beleaguered Colonel.

With 19 players, it takes 10 to reach a majority.

10 minutes early. Because I love you all.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Seamus: "Yeah, and it burns, and I've been getting the strongest cravings for sausage, man..." Seamus said, in an inconsistent accent; occasionally Scottish, occasionally Australian, but definitely baked.

Australian? You think only Australians say mate, ya wanker? Ye must be American. :hmpf_bad:

Vote: Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) Sorry, dude. Too much strange behavior for Day One. Hope you don't quit playing such a cool game, brother.

Vote: Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide), out of all the posts here yours have been the most suspicious and scummy. But like the others have said please don't quit.