legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

The pics are good! Also why all the KK2 hate? It was a great theme!

Dear Pencoin,

I didn't think Knights' Kingdom was a great theme.

<attempt to make a rational argumentation on a matter of personal preference>

Personally, I like it a lot when lego sets resamble some real life figures and buildings.

I feel it should still have some sense of "believability". ( I know this is vague)

Also the more detailed and realistic/believable a MOC, the better I like it.

That is my opinion; I guess we can only agree to disagree on this one. :wink:

Kind regards,

Teddy

I agree with whoever said the Drawbridge set looked like the old Royal Kinights one; I personally think it looks great, but it will be hard to implement it with other Castle sets.

And the Chariot set...are those two Troll shields I see? :cry_happy:

A little note for you guys. Please contain your discussion towards 2008 and 2009 Caste sets. KKII is history. Please do not drag KKII advantages and flaws into this discussion, by making it as the highlight of this discussion instead. Thanks.

What pics? Dangit...

Look at my post on the previous page. :wink:

I personally, love the new sets, while I really don't want to build an army of kings, I'll still be getting a few copies of the battle chariot for the orcs, the orc shields, the big brown wheels and the plume.

Edited by sir dano

Upon further examination Drawbridge Defense looks even better - if that front part isn't CG landscape than this'll be a must buy!

IMO:

I can't say anything about the Troll's Mountain Fortress set simply because you just see a thing from that blurry pic!! Anyway looks quite big, and it resembles the Witch Fortress of the Dark Knights in its general perspective, which is the only thing I can see. No more comments on this. :tongue:

Now, stop all the yelling about the Drawbridge set!!! From the pic, it looks really amazing: its verticality, the pieces that compose it offering various shadows along the building, the entrance ramp with its archery....come on, from the again blurry pic it looks really great!! Far better than the KKIII one...I'll wait for better pics, but by the moment I'm looking forward for this one. :thumbup:

The chariot....what the..?? I was hoping to see a chariot like the 90's one (I can't remember its name..) but from what I can tell from the pic it has nothing to do with that one...it really looks horrible...I am also expecting better pics :hmpf_bad:

Don't forget all these are preliminary, so nothing's sure yet! :cry_happy:

regards from mexico! merry xmas by the way

I know that picture is blurry.....but Trolls Fortress looks amazing.

Actually cannot wait for more Trolls. Trolls are amazing. Trolls. I'll be opening their ship tomorrow :)

Happy Christmas everyone. :)

The new sets look nice, but still i'm a bit disappointed. TLC dind't include Dwarves in the sets; then I ask to my self why? Even the skellies get a comeback...

Ah, well, Merry Christmas everyone!

Dwares got a straight off with the mine, and appeared in another 2 sets. (not counting Chess Board and Advent)

Dwares got a straight off with the mine, and appeared in another 2 sets. (not counting Chess Board and Advent)

Those are from 2008. I was pointing to the new sets of 2009.

I know, I was telling you they got alot of coverage, time for other factions to get some light now.

I know, I was telling you they got alot of coverage, time for other factions to get some light now.

Yes but i meant in my post that i think the Dwarves deserve a comeback better then the skellies IMO :wink:

Skeleys rule! :skull:

I hope we get a Skeleton Fort now.

Skellies already have the dark wizard´s tower as their headquarter ;)

I like the look of the new sets. I am a little disappointed with the figure counts, but I really like the look of them. The King's Carriage and Drawbridge Defense remind me of classic castle.

Come on guys, you can't judge the sets by THESE pictures. You can't even see half of the sets, and the other half is blurry as hell. I'll wait for better ones, until then, i won't say anything about them, cause there is nothing to say.

Medieval Market Village on SAH AU for $149.99 available now.

link

Germany 99.99 EUR

Austria 99.99 EUR

Belgium 99.99 EUR

Spain 99.95 EUR

Finland 99.99 EUR

France 109.99 EUR

Ireland 116.99 EUR

Italy 99.99 EUR

Luxembourg 99.99 EUR

Netherland 99.99 EUR

Portugal 99.95 EUR

EUR countries only (avoid change rates), why do France and Ireland have to pay more? By the way buying the set from an UK Ebay seller will be cheaper than ordering it from shop at home France obviously. I know that TLC has already explained the price differences between US and the rest of the world, but i guess the reasons for Europe are a little bit different (Taxes perhaps?).

Thank you very much for the information, ultraman_bc and for the links to the pics, sir dano! :sweet:

Like I feared the new "Castle" sets will be more fantasy than castle. :sick:

Well, it's like it is. On the other hand I'm not so angry about that since there will be a huge mass of excellent City and SW OT sets next year plus we'll get the amazing 10193 set so that my money isn't sufficient for already all of them.

Medieval Market Village on SAH AU for $149.99 available now.

link

Germany 99.99 EUR

Austria 99.99 EUR

Belgium 99.99 EUR

Spain 99.95 EUR

Finland 99.99 EUR

France 109.99 EUR

Ireland 116.99 EUR

Italy 99.99 EUR

Luxembourg 99.99 EUR

Netherland 99.99 EUR

Portugal 99.95 EUR

EUR countries only (avoid change rates), why do France and Ireland have to pay more? By the way buying the set from an UK Ebay seller will be cheaper than ordering it from shop at home France obviously. I know that TLC has already explained the price differences between US and the rest of the world, but i guess the reasons for Europe are a little bit different (Taxes perhaps?).

Thank you very much for that information, furious and enoa! :sweet:

I'm really surprised that TLG didn't rise the price for this awesome set! :thumbup:

Let's hope that the 99,99 Euros for Germany will stay for the next two weeks - after that I'll have ordered it and then it may cost one million Euros! :tongue:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I’ve placed an order from SaH containing one copy of 10193. So hopefully I have this set within the next two weeks.

If anyone is interested I can tell that the Swedish price for this set is 1049 SEK…a really good price I think (+ shipping of course ((175SEK)) ).

Now to the newly revelled 2009 sets: can anyone tell if it is a new helmet for the knight(s) or is it the old visor helmet?

Over and out