I know I've said this before, but the lack of avalibility of NRG Jay has been somewhat a mystery to me.

It's clear that production underestimated his popularity over NRG Cole and Spitta, causing them to produce less of NRG Jay and Fangdam. As the exact opposite was true, stock depleted dramatically. Due to his very small window of availability, that spinner has the highest resale price of nearly 400% above MSRP.

To put it simple, I never saw NRG Jay available at any retailer when he released. To this day, that spinner set is the only "widely" produced set of the line that I have never held in my hands.

When proper funds come my way, that will hopefully change.

Edited by Penkid11

It's clear that production underestimated his popularity over NRG Cole and Spitta, causing them to produce less of NRG Jay and Fangdam. As the exact opposite was true, stock depleted dramatically. Due to his very small window of availability, that spinner has the highest resale price of nearly 400% above MSRP.

To put it simple, I never saw NRG Jay available at any retailer when he released. To this day, that spinner set is the only "widely" produced set of the line that I have never held in my hands.

See I heard there was a recall on exclusively NRG Jay because of an embargo problem, I don't know how true that is but I thank my lucky stars I got one for my birthday.

See I heard there was a recall on exclusively NRG Jay because of an embargo problem, I don't know how true that is but I thank my lucky stars I got one for my birthday.

Weird. This is honestly the first time I've heard of that.

An embargo wouldn't make sense though, as it was in the wild in June, nearly 2 months (if not more) after the Rise of the Snakes TV season ended.

There are actually quite a number of NRG Jay in where I live, I remember I got it in my local toyrus, and I even get one for my friend a day later!

There are actually quite a number of NRG Jay in where I live, I remember I got it in my local toyrus, and I even get one for my friend a day later!

They probaby were all sent to China...I remember seeing him one at the store and then never again.

They probaby were all sent to China...I remember seeing him one at the store and then never again.

I don't think that's the case because I saw NRG Jays for forever at my target. They even had to put him on clearance for five bucks just to make room for the next wave of sets. If I would have known he was so expensive on the aftermarket, I would have boughten so many of them.

Edited by PickleManDan

So, still: does anyone know when that polybag will release?

And I noticed that there is a good picture of the build included with the latest Ninjago Magazine issue, and personally, I think it's the best yet:

NIN891611-1.jpg?201604040848http://brickset.com/...IN891611-1/Cole

Edited by Exetrius

I am planning out what sets to get and I have a question: Raid Zepplen or SkyShark w/ Coles Dragon?

Yeah definitely go with the raid zeppelin, it's just a better "play set" over all and the parts are way better! And even the minifigures are better in the zeppelin. Both of the sets are fantastic and great for your money but in the end result the raid zeppelin is the set to get the best bang for your buck

I am planning out what sets to get and I have a question: Raid Zepplen or SkyShark w/ Coles Dragon?

Raid Zeppelin definitely, unless you're out of money.

I was just thinking, that with a Jay-centric wave and a Jay in the encyclopedia, hopefully we'll get some other book or Cube with Cole after a Cole-centric wave.

I was just thinking, that with a Jay-centric wave and a Jay in the encyclopedia, hopefully we'll get some other book or Cube with Cole after a Cole-centric wave.

Yes, that seems more than likely now. Yay for Stone armour Cole! :purrr:

Yes, that seems more than likely now. Yay for Stone armour Cole! :purrr:

Wonder why we've never seen an exclusive nya in a book or cube, or whatever, hope we get one more season before the movie that focuses on nya. would be amazeballs to get her "wedding dress" mini figure

Edited by SKYGOAT

Wonder why we've never seen an exclusive nya in a book or cube, or whatever, hope we get one more season before the movie that focuses on nya. would be amazeballs to get her "wedding dress" mini figure

There are probably two reasons. The first, slightly sketchier reason is that she's a girl—sexism could well be at play, if only because Ninjago is targeted primarily at young boys. But the second reason is that up until now she has mostly been somewhat tangential to the main heroes of the theme, the ninja. Up until last year she was not even a ninja herself, and with "ninja" being a part of the theme's title, it's not unlikely that Lego prefers to have an actual ninja to represent the theme as a whole in things like the Character Encyclopedias and minifigure cubes. Since Nya is a ninja now that could very well start to change.

^ Except that Sensei Wu was included in a book and he's not a ninja. Being a ninja is not a requirement. As bad as this sounds, it's probably for the former reason.

That Cyren polybag.. Is that a golden arrow??

^ Except that Sensei Wu was included in a book and he's not a ninja. Being a ninja is not a requirement. As bad as this sounds, it's probably for the former reason.

Nah, there's no problem with that, I think. With Nya being the secondary protagonist of this season, plus how she is receiving a new ninja suit in the next wave, She'll probably be included in something soon.

Did you know that the set actually comes with a vehicle that you can build?

It's not like it's just the minifigures in there.

Remember back when people cared more about the beautiful craftsmanship of the set, rather than the minifigs?

Those are days I long for yet again. It would change how people look at Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago... on second thought, that would probably make Lego lose sales, as unfortunate as that sounds.

Chill, I meant that a lot of people look at minifigs when considering buying a set, since as someone said, there's quality all around.

Edit to say, I see what you mean now when you say airjitsu Zane... You meant the NRG, sure but not everyone wants to buy the flyers

Oh... deletes ten rows of pictures

_

There are shameless shots of the summer figs everywhere, would like to see some sets as well...

Edited by gamejutzu

Chill, I meant that a lot of people look at minifigs when considering buying a set, since as someone said, there's quality all around.

My point was that it seems like, especially in kids, people only look at the minifigures. It was meant to tease, as are most of my negative sounding and sarcastic posts.

There are shameless shots of the summer figs everywhere, would like to see some sets as well...

All I see is stuff we've seen for a while now.

Well, except this, which I found at random.

2016-SY522-ninjago-minifigures-Acher-Evil-Three-head-black-dragon-assemblage-building-block-model-compatible-with.jpg_640x640.jpg

I'm almost jealous...

Almost...

My point was that it seems like, especially in kids, people only look at the minifigures. It was meant to tease, as are most of my negative sounding and sarcastic posts.

All I see is stuff we've seen for a while now.

Well, except this, which I found at random.

2016-SY522-ninjago-minifigures-Acher-Evil-Three-head-black-dragon-assemblage-building-block-model-compatible-with.jpg_640x640.jpg

I'm almost jealous...

Almost...

Wooooow ninja thunder swordsman!!!!

Its funny, I live in China but you really don't see these fake things around in stores. Its all the online market. But that thing is a combination of theft and creativity. I wish that beast was real, I like that the it actually incorporate the kai mini dragon and makes it look more legit

Sensei Wu is essentially the leader of the Ninja, though. That makes him more qualified to represent the theme as a whole than Nya, who up until she became a ninja wasn't truly on equal footing with the others.

Believe me, as much as I would love to have gotten things Nya's season 3 outfit in one of those books or cubes (especially the Ninjago Visual Dictionary, which just included an ordinary Zane instead of an exclusive fig), I can almost guarantee that "high-tech white ninja" was chosen as a better representative of the theme than "non-uniformed girl character".

I do hope that that will change now that she is a ninja, and while I still don't think the chances of getting that amazing Season 3 outfit are very high, it's possible that she could now get some "non-canon" older ninja uniforms like the Lloyd DX from the first minifigure cube.

Heck, if the Ninjago movie sets are limited to the summer wave next year, maybe we'll even get Ninjago boxes with Nya on the header in the winter, considering after this summer's wave she'll be the only ninja not to have been represented. I'm sure if that happened it would greatly increase the chance of her showing up in promotional material like books and minifigure cubes.

Sensei Wu is essentially the leader of the Ninja, though. That makes him more qualified to represent the theme as a whole than Nya, who up until she became a ninja wasn't truly on equal footing with the others.

Believe me, as much as I would love to have gotten things Nya's season 3 outfit in one of those books or cubes (especially the Ninjago Visual Dictionary, which just included an ordinary Zane instead of an exclusive fig), I can almost guarantee that "high-tech white ninja" was chosen as a better representative of the theme than "non-uniformed girl character".

I do hope that that will change now that she is a ninja, and while I still don't think the chances of getting that amazing Season 3 outfit are very high, it's possible that she could now get some "non-canon" older ninja uniforms like the Lloyd DX from the first minifigure cube.

Heck, if the Ninjago movie sets are limited to the summer wave next year, maybe we'll even get Ninjago boxes with Nya on the header in the winter, considering after this summer's wave she'll be the only ninja not to have been represented. I'm sure if that happened it would greatly increase the chance of her showing up in promotional material like books and minifigure cubes.

I would still love to get a Kabuki Nya, but I don't see that happening; way too obscure, long ago and to no interest of the target audience. But, with the recent development, there is really no reason to not get a Nya exclusive at some point. I don't expect her to come with a book, but maybe in a polybag (like the one with Dareth). Btw, it still beats me why they didn't release the Elemental masters in a such a way, it doesn't really seem like they are saving them for later either. :look:

I just realized that there is also the possibility to have exclusive minifigs with the dvd volumes, like other licenced themes. Seems like the perfect opportunity to release characters/variants that are very obscure or episode-specific. I remember seeing a box in France (final battle season) with Golden Lloyd minifig, but otherwise none and I think there is a lot to gain here.

I would still love to get a Kabuki Nya, but I don't see that happening; way too obscure, long ago and to no interest of the target audience. But, with the recent development, there is really no reason to not get a Nya exclusive at some point. I don't expect her to come with a book, but maybe in a polybag (like the one with Dareth). Btw, it still beats me why they didn't release the Elemental masters in a such a way, it doesn't really seem like they are saving them for later either. :look:

I just realized that there is also the possibility to have exclusive minifigs with the dvd volumes, like other licenced themes. Seems like the perfect opportunity to release characters/variants that are very obscure or episode-specific. I remember seeing a box in France (final battle season) with Golden Lloyd minifig, but otherwise none and I think there is a lot to gain here.

I don't know how likely it would be to see Ninjago minifigures packaged with DVDs. The American DVDs seem to be somewhat low budget, with very little in the way of special features or even fancy packaging. Contrast the DVDs that have gotten exclusive minifigures, which are mostly movies (even the direct-to-DVD ones seem to have higher production values as far as packaging and extra content are concerned), and occasionally, Blu-Ray combo packs (Ninjago has yet to have a single Blu-Ray release, at least over here).

I'd love for that to change. It'd be awesome if we got some fancy collectors' edition DVD or Blu-Ray sets, possibly including minifigures. Perhaps they might do something like that to tie in with the Ninjago movie next year, but even with that possibility in mind I'm not going to get my hopes up unless we actually get some evidence to support it.