Sign in to follow this  
YellowCorvette

[Review]Lego 60042 High Speed Police Chase

Hi,everyone!This is my first review on Eurobricks and i sorry if there is any mistake in this review.The set i will reviewing is 60042 High Speed Police Chase that released in December 2013.

As one of the 2014 City Police sets,this set featuring police officers in they normal blue police uniform busting crime in the city,same like the other 2014 City police sets.Different from 2011 City sets that also featuring police officers that wearing normal police uniform,2014 City Police sets feature blue police uniform and dark blue coloured police cap,which helps to set apart from the 2011 police sets.Same like High speed chase set from 2013 City theme,this set also featuring a scene that shows police officers that chase down crooks with the police forces vehicle,but smaller.many people asked that why I choose to buy this set instead of 60007 that featuring a exculsive minifigure,a unique game code,a police 4x4 vehicle that looks like a Hummer,a beautiful red sport car,and higher piece count?With the questions mentioned at up there,you may think this set is not needed,but are this set are seriously not needed,or this is a underrated small set?

Let the review begins and enjoy reading this review!
:sweet:

img_2808.jpg

General Information

Set name
: High speed police chase

Set number
: 60042

Pieces
: 110

Age recommended
: 5-12

Theme
: Lego City Police

Year Released
: 2014 (December 2013 in U.S)

Price
:
$19.99

The Box

At here,we have the front view of the box itself,with a police car chasing two crooks with their awesome dirt bike.At the left side of the box,the set number 60042 and the age range showed there.The design of the box is nothing new and special.

img_2740.jpg

At the back at the box,you can see some simple illustration about the features of the set itself.Nothing too special here,because most of the City sets has a simple illustration of the set like this .

img_2848.jpg

If you see the box patiently,you can see a 1:1 scale minifigure picture at the upper section of the box.here is a SWAT female Police minifigure as a comparision with the 1:1 scaled minifigure picture.Wow,it's exactly the same size!
*oh2*

img_2742.jpg

The instruction

At the picture provided at down here,you can see the instruction booklet itself.At the front page,it's almost the same picture like the front view of the box.The instruction book itself has 48 pages. ( Including the front pages and back pages)

img_2834.jpg

A random page of the instruction book itself.

fullsizerender.jpg

At the rear pages of the instruction booklet,once again we meet the extremely annoying kid.
:thumbdown:

img_2838.jpg

The Set

This small set is coming with two packet of the bricks and a sticker sheet.I applied all the stickers and i started build this small set.

New/Interesting Parts

Some interesting parts in this set.

img_3212.jpg

Bag one content

The bag 1 contain the bricks to build the crooks,the ramp,and the motorbikes.

18605169566_7a505b5790_b.jpg

Bag One Results

18443734568_bd0cd24146_b.jpg

Bag 2

At bag 2,we will build the police car and the police officer itself.

Bag 2 Content

18443786140_9cdac08320_b.jpg

Bag 2 results (Stickers applied)

18010834653_b22d936d8a_b.jpg

Completed Set

The whole set in all glory.

18633706301_7ed5fd6ea8_b.jpg

Minifigures

This set comes with 3 minifigures,1 police officer,1 male crook,and 1 female crook.The police officer has a new designed torso printings.The crooks also has a new printing that shows they are wearing black jacket in a light grey and dark grey striped shirt.No alternate face printings in any of the minifigures.

18443736538_292bc92e8f_b.jpg

The back of the minifigures.All minifigures in this set have back-printing.No printing available at the minifigures leg.

img_2839.jpg

The Motorbikes

This set also comes with 2 dirt bikes and 1 police car.Both motorbikes has golden rims,but their comes with different color.The black color one is my favorite.
:thumbup:

img_2790.jpg

The crooks riding the dirt bikes. (Sorry of the blurry picture)
:grin:

img_2791.jpg

The police car

At here,you can see how the police car look from the front,side,and rear.Nothing too special here.

img_2796.jpg

img_2797.jpg

img_2798.jpg

img_2800.jpg

When i first finished this set,i found a issue about this set is:Where is the backrest for the minifigure?
*huh*

img_2851.jpg

But later I found out,Ah-ha
:laugh:
!The police minifigure can put into the car with a sackbag at his back!This provides extra luggage spaces for the car,since the car lacks a luggage space.

img_2852.jpg

Because this car lacks a pair of door,you need to open the roof the put the police officer in the car.Why it's so difficult for the designers to include doors for the cars!?
:thumbdown:

img_2802.jpg

The ramp

The ramp itself is simple but looks good.Nothing special here.

img_2855.jpg

Conclusion and rating

Minifigures
6/10 : Nothing special in the minifigures in this set,but the printings are very detailed and we finally have a female crook

Parts
7/10 : Most of the pieces that have in this set are not dificuit to found,but we get 4 golden motorbike rims,1 green dustbin,2 recoloured dirt motorbike shell,1 recoloured motorbike frame and a neat-colored police hat.

Playability
8/10 : This set is small.but it provides great playability for kida and this is a good set for your children's birthday.

Build
6/10 : Nothing too challenging,but the final result is good.

Price
5/10 : A little bit overpriced,will be better if lowered the price.

Design
7/10 : The police car looks good and looks more like a real car,the ramp is good designed too.

Overall
:
76%
-
I'm am happy with this set because of the police car and if you want a low-costed lego Set for your children/friend,this set is suitabe for you and your wallet.Except for the price,I'm happy with this set and i want to keep it.
Edited by ArmstrongYong

I was a little bit on the fence about buying this set but you definitely have changed my mind!!

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to review this one, Armstrong.

I love the motor cycles in this set.

I can use this for one of my next MOCs (cycle/scooter shop).

The car looks nice, but the absence of doors and side windows are a bit of a let-down, and I think it's a pity both crooks have the same torso.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates that brat on the back of the manual :laugh: